Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

David Bradley Walk Behind In Mn

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11834
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Here is My David Bradley Walk Behind Tractor. It is all original and in very good shape. This has not ran in 3-4 years but it was put away with oil in the cylinder and the tank drained. The Cultivator attachment is also in very nice shape. Appears to be all complete.

If interested call me at 715-220-5178. Calls only NO EMAILS NO TEXTS

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 10:56 PM

I have a story about a DB that we had as kids. Dad brought it home as payment for a furnca job he diid back in the 60s. Back then it wasn't unusual for dad to bring home goods or food or items as payment or partial payment for a job he did getting someone heat for the winter. On this particular day dad beought home this DB and it had a cultivator, sulkey, lawn roller and trail reel mower. I think the mower was cobbled to work with the tractor. It had a Wisconson motor on it and it ran really good. Dad had to get a new plug and a seiment bowl for the carb. Once he did that you could start it with about a half pull of the rope. The darn thing would go anywhere and do anything. The problem was getting it to stop and shut off. It had the ground out on the plug but you would get such a shock when you tried to use it. We had to shut the gas off and let it run out of gas to get it to quit. Problem was it would run for about 15 min. after you did that. I was amazed how long it ran after shutting off the fuel. My dad said the those engines werer so good that they would run on almost no fuel forever. We would put about a half gallon of fuel it and it would run a whole week. As I sai we used it for every thing. We lived in the country and I had Cloverine Salve sales route and I actually used it for my route one summer. I learned about riding on a tractor while standing on that sulkey. The next summer I sold The Grit Newspaper and used it for that route also. We had a big drive way and dad wanted to put some new gravel in it. He took an old range boiler (large tank) cut the ends off and cut it in half and made a blade for it. It worked great. We used it for about 4 years until dad came home on night and told us he had traded it for a go kart and gibson tractor. Sorry just had to tell about the DB. Thanks. Roger.