Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Vote Now Featured Tractor December 2013!

voting featured tractor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now Featured Tractor December 2013 (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now Featured Tractor December 2013

1. IH 1066 Pulling Tractor - Dieselcubmike (14 votes [23.73%])

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

2. C2J SIMAR - new restorer (23 votes [38.98%])

Percentage of vote: 38.98%

3. Bolens 1050 - farmerall (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

4. Allis Chalmers B110 - suburban 12 (16 votes [27.12%])

Percentage of vote: 27.12%

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of December has now officially started. This month is an open month so anything goes.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of December and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity. Our featured tractor winners are also printed in the Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine so if you are not a subscriber you are missing out.

We have four nominations this month. Let the Voting Begin!

• IH 1066 Pulling Tractor - Dieselcubmike
  • C2J SIMAR - new restorer
  • Bolens 1050 - farmerall
  • Allis Chalmers B110 - suburban 12

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:25 PM

I would like to nominate my father's International Harvester 1066 pulling tractor.

It started off life as Cub Cadet 128 and slowly went from there. My father has been pulling garden tractors for a good 25 years and started off with a 1964 Moto Mower. Through the years hes tried a few things here and there and eventually he ended getting a 128 and putting a 16hp in it and running it in the 16hp class for a few years until he later sold it to make funds for his new project, a diesel puller. The idea came around after watching the first few diesel garden tractors run at Columbus ohio a few years ago when it was still new to the world of the diesel pullers. My father and a long time friend of ours had found some old refrigerated trailer engines and came up with the idea to put them in a frame and make their own tractor pullers. It took my father 2 years of designing, planning, and building to get to where it is today and he is very proud of it.

He wanted the idea of taking one of the big farm tractors and scaling it down to size so he ended up choosing the mighty International Harvester 1066 look. So after finding another 128 he began the long process of cutting, welding, grinding, measuring, planning, and visioning what it would turn out to be. To begin he chopped the frame and extended it 6 inches to accommodate the radiator and moved the axle towards the front. Next he strengthened the frame rails to support the big engine that's inside and the amount of torque it was going to be put out. After all that was done, he began forming the hood for it and the hood vents on the side of it by using sheet metal press at his work. Then came the side shields and his front grille and headlight assembly. Next came the dash which is two cub cadet dashes split and fiber glassed together with a custom fit aluminum panel on top for his gauges. From there he designed and made his fenders which feature international's dual headlight setup that was used and a aluminum box was used to store his battery on one side and weights on the other. After adding wheels and tires to it, he finished the front end with two aluminum fuel tanks to give it that pro stock look to it but one key item was left undone and that was the paint. It was a tough decision for him since he was trying to go with original colors but ended up using a black metallic with red flake in it. Once paint was done he decided to give it a name. He's a dedicated international fan so he decided to name it The Deere Hunter and thus was the birth of his brilliant creation. After two very long and hard years it was finally complete and ready for pulling season. 

The first few pulls were a true learning experience because no one had any real run in's with diesel power on a small scale. The amount of torque and power that can come out of these little turbo diesels are truly amazing and are quite a sight to see. My father and his friend and his friends grand son built their own to run as well til the end of the season. Through the past few years its had another engine in its place and a fully built rear end along with a full performance driveline. Before and after every pull ill catch my father washing it and cleaning it up as if he was at a show and always enjoys his toy that he's put so much time and patience into. He enjoys everyone's reaction whenever people see it for the first time and enjoys talking with people when they have questions to ask and comments on it.

If you search up on YouTube you will find many videos of our pulls together along with our whole diesel class as well. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 587.jpg
  • 588.jpg
  • 589.jpg
  • 585.jpg
  • 586.jpg
  • 039.jpg

• olcowhand, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 12 others have said thanks

#3 drbish ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,140 Thanks
  • 1,143 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 03:28 PM

This post has been promoted to an article

Attached Thumbnails

• simar 009.jpg
  • simar 010.jpg
  • simar 011.jpg
  • simar 018.jpg
  • simar 019.jpg
  • simar 021.jpg
  • simar 022.jpg
  • simar 023.jpg
  • spokes and cleats 010.jpg

Edited by new restorer, November 17, 2013 - 07:21 AM.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere and 10 others have said thanks

#4 farmerall OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,127 Thanks
  • 1,430 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I would like to nominate my Bolens 1050 tractor. The serial number tag can't be read anymore so I just call say it is a 1968 model. I bought this 1050 in the spring of 2010 from another forum member, Rick Show. My first plans for this tractor were to use it as a parts tractor for my two Bolens'850's I had at the time. After I got the 1050 running I changed my mind about using it for parts and decided to repair it and use one of the 850's for parts. I am glad I made that choice because this 1050 is now my favorite tractor and the one I use the most. This is probably the tractor that started my addiction with Bolens tractors too because now I have about 10 Bolens tractors and about half of them are 1050's.

When I bought the 1050 it was just a bare bones tractor that was no different from any other Bolens 1050 out there. Unlike most of my other tractors where I don't do much other than  use them I have slowly been modifying and adding some of the various attachments to it that were available when it was new. It started with new ag tires for the back and then it keep going from there. Next I bought a rototiller and found out that it was a good workout lifting it up and down with the hand lift. So I decided to start looking for a hydraulic lift kit and I also wanted to be able to pull a Brinly plow so I added a sleeve hitch to the list. Well I got lucky and found both in a package deal at a great price. After I added them to the tractor I was content with how it looked for a while. I did want a set of rear Bolens weights but I could never find a set close and for sale at a reasonable price. This past summer I stumbles across the first of two deals that I couldn't pass up and I got my rear weights. Next I decided to build a custom stack because I liked the one my brother built on his AC B110. After a few trips to Lowes and some head scratching I had a completed custom exhaust that turned out great and gives the 1050 a big tractor look. At this point I didn't plan on adding anything else to the 1050 but then I found the second deal that was too good to pass up and I got a set of Bolens front wheel weights. Now that they are one the tractor I don't have any plans to add anything else too it. That would only change if I could find a snow cab and snow blower.

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens1050.3.jpg
  • bolens1050.2.jpg
  • bolens1050.1.jpg
  • bolens1050 2.jpg
  • bolens1050.5.jpg
  • bolens1050.4.jpg
  • bolens1050.6.jpg

• Littledeere, tinbender7, bgkid2966 and 7 others have said thanks

#5 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 10:49 PM

I would like to nominate my Allis Chalmers B110 "Emma". I bought my B110 just over two years ago, with a little persuasion from my brother to go get it. What he tends to do while he is sitting in his dorm room is, he searches craigslist for tractors that he likes and wants me to go get because he cant, instead of studying like he is supposed to. I do have to admit, if it wasn't for his bugging me to go look at it, I would have never bought it. When I first looked at the craigslist post, the pictures didn't make it look that good, and I didn't want to make the over two hour round trip to go look at it. Obviously, I got a hold of the guy selling it, agreed to a price and made the trip. It came home with a mower deck, snow plow, three buckets of misc. bolts, deck spindles, blades, and also most of an Allis B10 ( I parted it out shortly after). All form a guy who owned a scrap yard, that was how he got the B10 but surprisingly wasn't how the B110 came about. The story that he told me, was that it had actually been in his family since it was new. He explained to me that his mother had won it in a raffle at a local fair. At some point along the way, he had rolled it wile hill climbing, the deck wasn't on. And he had run into a deep (man made) ditch, breaking the headlights. In the early 90's, something happened to the original engine and he had put a new 16hp in it, making it an unofficial B116. And at some point after that, he didn't know when, the differential tube broke and it was parked. 

When I got them home, with my brothers help, we removed the transmission from the B10 and swapped it into the B110. There was a set of rubber case headlights that came with all of the other parts that I put on and wired in. The next spring, I decided I wanted to put a stack on it since the muffler that was on it was cheap and blew back onto the hood. I had a piece of aluminum bar that I bent and attached for a support. Later last year, the front bearing in the starter was going bad, so I took it off and put a spare one on. I use it as one of the primary mowing tractors, and it is the primary snow plowing garden tractor. I have also enjoyed used it to haul fire wood, and do some miniature rock climbing. I have unfortunately broken the original key and a replacement that I had made. I had a bad habit of leaving it in the switch, and am now remembering to take it out when I turn it off. I bought two sets of AC rear wheel weights and use them for when I plow snow. I recently bought two more tractors and now have two rototillers for it, which I will hopefully use to till the garden in the spring. I have no intentions on restoring this tractor anytime soon since it is still in great shape.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3810.JPG
  • 100_4255.JPG
  • 100_4256.JPG
  • 102_0781.JPG
  • 102_0782.JPG
  • 102_0783.JPG
  • 102_0595.JPG

• Littledeere, tinbender7, bgkid2966 and 5 others have said thanks

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 07:25 AM

Get them votes in. Only a few more days to do so.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 06:39 AM

The winner has been posted to the front page. Will get the nominations started for January here tonight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voting, featured, tractor