• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Picture help can be had here. http://gardentractor...file-uploading/
, if you have any questions, please ask.
  • OldBlue120 said thank you

#17 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Enjoy the tractors. I'm a full time Ford freak myself.

family history makes them all the more precious.
  • tinbender7 and OldBlue120 have said thanks

#18 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • Member No: 49320
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Welcome to GT talk. It's great that you can document your history with this tractor the way you have. Four generations of your family can be connected to this tractor and I think preserving it the way it is has the most value. You can tell your son about the scratches you know about, and the dings and dents made by your grandfather, father, and yourself. Take care of this living history and your son will one day be telling your great grandchildren all the stories you told him.

• MH81, IamSherwood, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Welcome to GTT, and thanks for sharing your story.

For sure a family heirloom worth bring back to life.

Looking forward to more progress updates.

• tinbender7 and OldBlue120 have said thanks

#20 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 - 07:01 AM

Welcome to the forum! Like the rest have said, your Fords have a great history and truly are priceless! I look forward to your progress!

#21 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • Member No: 50196
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 - 04:43 PM

020.JPG 021.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

Well today I worked away on it but the days are getting colder and my hands freeze up quicker.

I replaced the fuel lines. Reattached the gas tank. Took off the Carburetor and cleaned that out. I am a little concerned that it was reattached correctly.  I added the new oil and filled the fuel tank. Reattached the heat shield to the engine and reconnected all the wiring I took off to clean up the connections etc. I have the new battery base mount all built and just need to drill the holes in it and will then set the battery in place securely.  Everything seems to be going smoothly with no major blow outs yet. It should be soon, hopefully tomorrow that I start it up. I had a memory come back to me about the last time it as run and it actually wasn’t that long ago. 
My step brother Doug came over to snow blow around my Dads house while my Dads health had declined and hospice was visiting him still at home, a pulley broke on the snow blower and it died and he mentioned it to us. That was in early December 2012.  So I think it has been just about a year since the tractor has been running. Not to bad. I thought it might be a couple of years but this event is recounted quite clearly so that’s good.  I hope it starts. Ok that’s it for today, November 23, 2013.
My progress on the project is also on a blog: http://oldblueford120.wordpress.com/

Edited by OldBlue120, November 23, 2013 - 04:44 PM.

• KennyP and chris m have said thanks

#22 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Welcome OldBlue120!! Glad you decided to join us! Sorry I missed your thread, I have been busy lately.

Thanks for the great story and pictures of your 120. The Ford/Jac's are the ones I have the most of and I really love them! great machines (IMHO) :D

I wish you luck and I hope she starts for you with no issues! I'll be looking forward to an update :thumbs:

If you need anything don't be afraid to ask!

#23 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 04:47 PM

001.JPG

Today I rebuilt or replaced the battery box base. The old one was quite rotted and so that’s gone and I built a new one and set the battery on it and then measured out the bolt length to have a secured battery box cover screwed down with wing-nuts.  I think the whole thing came together quite well. Of course it is not on the tractor yet but hopefully a warmer day will come along and I’ll get that done. That is the last item on my to do list before trying to turn it over. Who knows what issues will arise then but we’ll take them on each one as they come. Well that’s it for today, Sunday November 24, 2013.

You can also follow the progress on my Blog: http://oldblueford120.wordpress.com/

Edited by OldBlue120, November 24, 2013 - 04:49 PM.

• MH81, KennyP and chris m have said thanks

#24 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 04:53 PM

I want to thank everyone for welcoming me and I am grateful for the kind offers of assistance and I am sure they will be needed.

For instance a question is kind of lingering out there in my mind now.

I took off the carburetor and the little spindle or track that curves upward and into the engine, it seems like it was kind of connected or something unhooked when I pulled it off and out. Does it just slide back up in their correctly or is there some certain manner that it needs to be reconnected up in there that I have totally missed?  Just curious. I want it done right.

Thanks.

Paul

#25 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Paul is it possible for you to get a picture of what your talking about? I was outside freezing all day so maybe I am just not thinking straight? But I can't put a finger on what spindle your talking about?

#26 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 05:04 PM

attachicon.gif001.JPG

Today I rebuilt or replaced the battery box base. The old one was quite rotted and so that’s gone and I built a new one and set the battery on it and then measured out the bolt length to have a secured battery box cover screwed down with wing-nuts.  I think the whole thing came together quite well. Of course it is not on the tractor yet but hopefully a warmer day will come along and I’ll get that done. That is the last item on my to do list before trying to turn it over. Who knows what issues will arise then but we’ll take them on each one as they come. Well that’s it for today, Sunday November 24, 2013.

You can also follow the progress on my Blog: http://oldblueford120.wordpress.com/

Great job on the battery box base :thumbs: And you are ahead of the game as most Ford/Jac's are missing the cover for the battery.

#27 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 06:48 PM

I second the need for a pic.
Chris, I too was out in the cold, but right now, I'm afraid it isn't the cold from today, but the antifreeze from tonight that is muddling my thoughts.

#28 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hi thanks for sharing Old Blue i have one like it but not as nice as yours.  The fuel pump has a rod that goes into the block did not know the carburetor had one too.  You'll figure it out.  I'm 40 minutes away from nobleboro if you need a hand let me know not an expert but i can lend a hand.

#29 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 07:57 AM

I have the same year and model Ford, if you need a pic of how the linkages hook up let me know...

#30 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 08:46 PM

Well have you ever heard anything as smooth sounding as that?

https://www.youtube....h?v=DxFmqEmfVWI