• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 08:59 AM

I may have to go out and look under the Jake. I'm pretty sure the handle has to be taken off for the blade to slide under the tractor. I'm just not sure how or what is under there for it to hook into at the rear of the blade. I've tried looking at parts lists, but it's not real clear how this attaches. Can you get a pic up under your tractor? Maybe I can see something that way!

• OldBlue120 said thank you

#137 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • Member No: 50196
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 06:50 PM

Well we finally brought up Little Brother from the family homestead.  That tractor to the left of the two brothers sitting side by side needs ALOT of work.

We got lucky again.......we looked all over and hanging on the wall of my Dads workshop was the plow hitch plate.   I deep down inside knew I would find it.  We looked through 2 sheds first though with no luck, I was getting worried.

The plow went on very easy.  I have no idea what I am going to use it for.

So I have my work cut out for me with the Ford LGT 100  - I hope after a year it will look as good as Big Brother Ford LGT 120. 

Also a big find in the workshop was atleast 10 original manuals, some still in plastic of when my Grandfather bought the tractors in New York in the early 70's.

Big Brother Tractors.JPG 001.JPG

• MH81, KennyP and FilledTires have said thanks

#138 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 07:09 PM

Glad you got it on there! These are tough old machines. Have fun with yours!

#139 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Glad the reunion went well.

#140 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted October 19, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Glad the reunion went well.

They are very happy to be back together again.  I could tell just by how easy that snow blower came off and the plow went on that they were happy.

• MH81 said thank you

#141 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well now Old Blue won't start. I have tinkered and jiggered, no idea what's wrong.

I replaced the spark plug, drained off some fuel in case some water was in the tank. Nothing. It just cranks over and over and over, never fires.

I was dragging the driveway last weekend leveling it out with a gravel dragging thing my Dad made and it started to run rough and was like it was going to quit and I increased the throttle and choke and finally had to have the choke wide open for it to keep going and it died.

The end.

Scratching my head....

#142 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:26 PM

Well I guess I'm crazy I don't know. I went out there and cranked the thing over for what seemed like 10 minutes.  Then read on the ignition plate to depress the pedal FIRMLY... Well I have it depressed, but firmly.  So I pushed down as hard as I could on that pedal and it seemed to go a little further down and just then BANG...she sputtered....and started.

Huh. 

So maybe old gas got passed through, maybe the new spark plug finally sparked, maybe I need to press the pedal a little harder. I don't know.

I am glad to hear her run again.  It ran rough for a little while, farting now and then and then it ran pretty smooth again.

I see 3-5 inches on the forecast for tomorrow.  Maybe I'll get to try our the plow tomorrow. Last time it was used was pushing chicken manure around in out chicken barns back when we raised broilers, early 80's. 

Well everybody, keep your stick on the ice.

Paul

Edited by OldBlue120, November 01, 2014 - 02:28 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#143 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Paul, good luck with the storm. If you have some spare time, it might be worth it to track down the location of the clutch safety switch and try to move it so it makes better contact.

#144 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 09:58 AM

Well the snow blower has been a real big player in the last few weeks with over 4 feet of snow falling here in Maine. The ploy was pretty awesome as well with the smaller snow falls. That moved it around pretty slick as well.

PROBLEM NOW:   The PTO is completely unplugged from the switch yet the snow blower is engaged and runs constantly. I thought it might be the switch as it wasn't working. I unplugged it altogether and it is still running. How?  Scratching my head on this one.

Any thoughts?

#145 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 10:16 AM

You may have a bearing locked up in the electric clutch!

#146 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 10:21 AM

Must be stuck. I wonder if it seized during use.

#147 OldBlue120 OFFLINE  

OldBlue120
  • 87 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted February 07, 2015 - 10:29 PM

Well no sooner that I typed that message this morning I went outside and the snow blower had stopped running and I flicked the switch and it went on and then off and on and the switch worked and it was like nothing had ever happened. What the heck?

I have been snow blowing all day.  Now the chain has popped off front section of the blower and has wrapped itself up inside the gear so that should be fun to take apart......with another foot of snow bearing down on us.

Fun Fun! Oh the joys of fixin and maintaining an old ford tractor.  And I love every minute of it, well almost. I wish I didn't have to park it and work on it outside.  But I don't even have the space right now for a portable shelter so I'll just make do.

• MH81 said thank you

#148 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 06:13 AM

I'm still thinking that bearing in the PTO is an issue. Never had one apart, so I'm in the dark there! Hope the chain comes out of there!

#149 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 06:49 AM

I suppose it could've been ice.
With all the snow and colder air temps, I suppose it's possible. Especially with it being out in the open like it is.
  • KennyP said thank you

#150 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 07:35 AM

I thought about that too, Alan. Very possible. Once he shut down and the warmth migrated, it thawed back out.

• MH81 said thank you