Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Arrrgggghhhhh! It Makes You Want To Scream!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • Member No: 49320
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Someone posted a Simplicity 2012 on the local Craig's List the other day and it looks like a great machine. Tractor, grader blade, dozer blade, two mower decks,  snowblower, and chains. It also has the hydraulic lift option for the grand price of $200.00 (Currently not running - not getting spark.)

So, what happens but our stove goes haywire and tries to burn the house down. I would buy this tractor in a heart beat if everything was going great, but now everything seems to be going to pot. Is the 2012 really as good as it looks, or am I just projecting my idea of a garden tractor restoration candidate on a tractor that seems like a work horse?

Who needs two mower decks anyway? Everything always comes at once instead of when you want it. 

:wallbanging:      :mad2:   :wallbanging:     :(

• MH81, Littledeere, A.C.T. and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Know that feeling win I do have cash there is nothing to buy win I'm broke the great deals pop up

• JRJ, Sawdust and MadAtGrass have said thanks

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 10:20 PM

A house is much more important than a garden tractor regardless of how you look at it. Yes it does sound like a good deal but you have ALOT more to be thankful as well. Yes it seems like a good deal whos to say someone just didn't post that only to rob someone who shows up? But there will always be other deals lined up in the future so even though this one might have gotten away there are always more.

• Littledeere, oldedeeres, JRJ and 2 others have said thanks

#4 New.Canadian.DB.Owner ONLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 08:13 AM

A house is much more important than a garden tractor regardless of how you look at it. ...

I had a lady friend once who believed that when faced with the choice between paying your rent or buying a new hat, you should always buy the hat because you will work harder to find the extra money to pay your rent.  Twisted, but somewhat appealing logic.

• Littledeere, oldedeeres, JRJ and 1 other said thanks

#5 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 10:47 AM

When cash is in hand; great deals are as hard to find as a pregnant Nun!untitled pgnun.png Just saying.

Edited by A.C.T., November 18, 2013 - 05:38 PM.

• Littledeere, JRJ and MadAtGrass have said thanks

#6 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 09:09 AM

That's a steal, and stove's are not fun to buy.

• Littledeere and MadAtGrass have said thanks

#7 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 10:14 PM

What burned up on the stove? Gas or electric?
  • MadAtGrass said thank you

#8 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Our stove quit the day before Thanksgiving 2 years ago. We had company coming and a 25 pound bird in the fridge. Appliances aren't very considerate are they?

• MadAtGrass said thank you

#9 MadAtGrass OFFLINE  

MadAtGrass
  • Member No: 49320
  • 76 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 12:03 AM

What burned up on the stove? Gas or electric?

Everyone here will love the answer. It was a modern stove with one of those electric brains, and also an electric stove. The brain died and the oven started to heat on its own without being told to. My wife had put in a pizza for supper and the oven went nuts and broiled it to a charcoal briquette. After a code came up to call the repairman that was the end. The glass top broke two years ago and has been getting worse ever since. So much for progress.

We don't have gas or I would buy a good gas stove, or better yet an old wood cook stove.

That's why I like old iron. When it breaks you can fix it, and if you can't it makes good art.

• MH81, KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yep "dain bramage" is the number one killer of all modern appliances...

#11 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted November 25, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yeah! That's broke!
I am not happy with any of our new appliances. The dish washer is very quiet but what good is quiet when you have to pull them out and wash them again by hand. If the ice bin is full the ice maker bale drags cubes out of the ice bin when you open the freezer drawer. The ice falls down behind the drawer and prevents it from closing. I try to monitor the ice levels and turn off the maker before the tray is full but have to get out a yard stick about once a month to drag the escaped cubes out. The fancy microwave/ vent is only 900 watts (that's my fault) and just about every microwave entree requires 1100 watts. The controls on the range are so complicated it takes a PHD in computer science to operate. It preheats super fast but if you hit the wrong button and have to cancel you have to start over from the beginning. I can't just hit bake and stick the food in the oven as it goes back into a preheat mode.

Edited by skunkhome, November 25, 2013 - 08:58 AM.