16 replies to this topic

#16 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,532 Thanks
  • 6,382 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 09:15 PM

One thing, the Pix are of bunch of Boxes!  Can't tease like that, and just show some boxes!   Guess the Guy that gets the parts, has the biggest wallet, hey?   Often wonder when one buys big load like this, if it just doesn't set around at YOUR place now, with NO market for most of it,  instead at the Dealer's place doing same for him?? Guess a private guy doesn't need to make it move and have income from it like a dealer would like to do, so that makes it less a problem?  AND, don't you get a lot of little trinket parts that went to models that are probly not popular now and have little value?  BUT, they Still take up space and get dusty! 

There, did I ruin your glee!   Just ignore me, the Judgemental guy I am, just always wondered why one buys out a dealer's stock.

#17 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,285 Thanks
  • 1,710 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 11:58 PM

Always fun to find this stuff,you really meet some good people,most of the time when I find this stuff its been sitting for years,in this last find the dealer quit selling in the 80's,I'll inventory this stuff and sell some on ebay,keep a few things for myself and try to help anyone out looking for something,the stuff is getting harder to find everyday,and your right,there is a lot of stuff that probably won't ever sell,but you never know,it puts a couple bucks in my pocket,by no means do I get rich,I'm retired and gives me something to do,and hopefully helps someone out,keeps me out of my wifes hair(ha ha)

• Newpaws493 and nglauer have said thanks