• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 03:35 PM

I bought a Kory 3000 running gear a while back with the intention of building a couple of different beds to use with it and in the process of looking for different ideas, I found these plans and figured that they would be useful to anyone wanting to build a trailer chassis.

http://bioengr.ag.ut.../Plans/6358.pdf

In addition to this set of plans............there are a LOT of other plans that the members may find interesting and helpful.

http://bioengr.ag.ut.../PlanList97.htm

I will post pictures of my trailer when I get it finished..........first up is a Hay Rack type trailer that I am going to use for the Christmas Parade and any other use that I can find for it.......

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 8 others have said thanks

#2 DPike43 OFFLINE  

DPike43
  • Member No: 47086
  • 28 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 11:28 PM

That looks like what I have been looking for, Cookie.

#3 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 02:01 PM

What are you working on Daniel? 

I hope to get the Beams and cross braces on mine this weekend and HOPEFULLY I can get all of the Hickory planed next weekend and installed.  I hadnt planned to put any sides on mine but since I am using it for the Christmas Parade and will have little kids on it.........I have been tossing them around in my head.  Probably going to put some 2 foot sides on it just as a precaution.

#4 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 23, 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am actually AHEAD of schedule.  Called my brother in law on my way home from work to see if he wanted to plane the wood today, he said COME ON!  So the decking is planed and ready to be installed as soon as I get the main beams and cross bracing installed.  I will try to take some pictures tomorrow if I have time to work on it.

#5 DPike43 OFFLINE  

DPike43
  • 28 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 02:01 AM

What are you working on Daniel? 

I hope to get the Beams and cross braces on mine this weekend and HOPEFULLY I can get all of the Hickory planed next weekend and installed.  I hadnt planned to put any sides on mine but since I am using it for the Christmas Parade and will have little kids on it.........I have been tossing them around in my head.  Probably going to put some 2 foot sides on it just as a precaution.

Pretty much the same thing you are, except maybe slightly smaller. Possibly going to use JD110 axles, spindles, and wheels for the running gear. It will be enough to haul a few fencing tools or some curtain climbers around in.

#6 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 10:19 AM

Daniel, if you need any pictures for your build just give me a shout.

• DPike43 said thank you

#7 DPike43 OFFLINE  

DPike43
  • 28 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 12:31 AM

I sure will. Hopefully, I can get started on it after Christmas.