Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Livy Garden Tractor, Goldsby, Ok.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:05 PM

I have never seen or heard of one of these tractors, but is good looking. He's priced too high in my opinion.

http://tulsa.craigsl...4192938039.html

Livy Garden Tractor - $1475 (Goldsby, OK)

00606_dSX0ljmCpnr_600x450.jpg

This is a partially restored Livy Garden Tractor built in the early 1950s by the C.M. Livingston Co. of Tulsa, OK. I recently inherited it from my father who had started a restoration. As far as I can tell, everything appears to be there and nothing looks heavily damaged or destroyed. The large Briggs & Stratton engine is original and turns freely, but doesn't run. The Livingston Co. was also an aluminum foundry and several of the tractor's components are cast aluminum - including the transmission/final drive housing, large belt pulley, steering wheel, miscellaneous adjusting levers, and even the tool box. I've looked it over closely and can see no cracks or breaks on any aluminum castings. Like the engine, the transmission/final drive is not frozen and turns freely. My dad bought four new tires and mounted them on the restored rims - and from photos I've seen of other Livy tractors, I'm guessing he didn't get the wheel color correct.

The photos show the tractor sitting on a flat dolly supported by jack stands on the back and 4x4 blocks under the engine. I slid the wheel hubs on the axle shafts and leaned the big wheels up next to them. The small back wheels w/adjusting levers are leaning against the frame. The flat dolly is mine and I want to keep it.

Please........cash only, no trades, and serious inquiries only.

405-443-8061

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Don't tell me he's trying to make a killing off "Daddy's machine"! 

That's a nice tractor though.  Probably a local thing.

Ben W.

#3 Nato77 ONLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,637 Thanks
  • 1,329 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 12:03 AM

That's a different rig. I'd say its over priced unless he'll put it back together after its painted.

#4 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 08:09 AM

Its a factory piece. I believe it was built out west. I have a reprint of an original add.