• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Well i felt a little silly today putting on the snow thrower, its sunny and 70 degress, but calling for rain tomorrow and snow monday, where else but in canada can you enjoy all 4 seasons in one day? do these snow throwers usually only sit 1 inch off the ground? i have it in the bottom hole of the lift (theres 3) top one will not lift the blower at all, my thought is that the lift bar to the blower is to short or are there spacers to fit on the sleeve where the bar slides into the lift bracket, thanks john

Edited by farmer john, November 16, 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#2 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 05:44 PM

Pics of your lift setup would help and the models of blower and tractor!  I have a late model tall chute blower on an old 16 Auto, the "flag" is in the middle hole of the upper arm of the rockshaft and I have plenty of lift without washers(spacers) and plenty of lower.  Im not a WH "pro" but something doesnt sound right.  Pics of mine at full lift.

http://IMG_3221_zps3583ac66.jpg

http://IMG_3219_zps275e493a.jpg

• CRFarnsworth and farmer john have said thanks

#3 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,688 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:10 PM

It's normal to space the flag with washers to lift where you want it. Just be careful when choosing a hole to put the flag in. I've heard of guys who would actually bend the lift bar by raising it too far.

• CRFarnsworth and farmer john have said thanks

#4 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:14 PM

thank you for the pics,is that an electric clutch on yours (nice) my blower is no where near as high as that, i may try my newer style also see it it makes a differance, i have 3 blowers and never hooked them up. i usually just sit in the heated cab of my skid steer with my hot chocolate listing to the stereo i have a 10 ft blade on it but that means no seat time on my gts, poor me. ha ha ha!!! by the way thats one reeeaaaallllllyyyyy nice horse you have there

Edited by farmer john, November 16, 2013 - 07:22 PM.

• js5020 said thank you

#5 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 09:15 AM

thank you for the pics,is that an electric clutch on yours (nice) my blower is no where near as high as that, i may try my newer style also see it it makes a differance, i have 3 blowers and never hooked them up. i usually just sit in the heated cab of my skid steer with my hot chocolate listing to the stereo i have a 10 ft blade on it but that means no seat time on my gts, poor me. ha ha ha!!! by the way thats one reeeaaaallllllyyyyy nice horse you have there

Yes the pto clutch is electric, I believe it to be the norm for a "no name" 16hp hydro from 1973.  Heres what I started with,,,,,

http://IMG_2992_zps7a211c8b.jpg