skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:03 AM

Thus is life, but I personally won't contribute to their well being , in fact I would love to rather profit from their miss fortunes ;-)
  • JRJ said thank you

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 11:10 AM

So if I have a manual and want to share it with a friend, he has to instead go buy it from them? Well it just goes to show how much they must be hurting ? Did you guys get tons of traffic for them ?? .....
Unfortunately I fear this is the way of the future, as things get more expensive they will all be looking for ways to tighten their belts and still make $$. GOOD GRIEF!!!

You can share the manual's info, you just can't reproduce it and that's what was happening.  Copyright is much like the trademark laws if you know about the infringement and don't do anything about it you could loose that right in court.  Years ago a young man ( I think he was a teen) started up a web site call Mike row soft.  He had developed a program he wanted to try and sell.  M$ came in and did the same thing that JD did.  There was a big stink about it in the IT world but it came out that M$ had no choice because if they didn't then they could of lost their trademark.  As it turned out, If I remember correctly, M$ did do the right thing and him with a new website and I think they gave him some money to help him get started.

• JRJ said thank you