• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 09:16 PM

check out the video from http://keelynet.com/news/111313g.html

I do not think you can get a completed house in 20 hour

the plumbing, electrical, heating and A/C, windows and doors, insulation, etc still has to be done

20 hour to build a frame of a house that I can believe

if you can think of any shape of the house it should be able to make

• Cvans, chris m, bgkid2966 and 1 other said thanks

#2 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 10:42 PM

I love how the term 3D printer is being thrown around by people like this guy lol. Besides his idea never working in the real world, his machine is just a large scale cement CNC machine.

I also like how he says human workers wouldn't be needed to construct these houses. Really?? How are these huge machines on tracks no less going to get to the site ( Must be his 3D printed truck on a 3D printed highway), and do they build them selves?? And who is going to clean the cement out of the lines and nozzles when it plugs up?? Or will they just 3D print there way out of the mess they got into?

I could go on more but I must go 3D print myself a Bush Hog HD-12 :hitting_self_roller: :D

• Texas Deere and Horse, lyall and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 05:46 AM

I love how the term 3D printer is being thrown around by people like this guy lol. Besides his idea never working in the real world, his machine is just a large scale cement CNC machine.

I also like how he says human workers wouldn't be needed to construct these houses. Really?? How are these huge machines on tracks no less going to get to the site ( Must be his 3D printed truck on a 3D printed highway), and do they build them selves?? And who is going to clean the cement out of the lines and nozzles when it plugs up?? Or will they just 3D print there way out of the mess they got into?

I could go on more but I must go 3D print myself a Bush Hog HD-12 :hitting_self_roller: :D

Chris, Can you make me a copy too!  :wave:

• chris m said thank you

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,538 Thanks
  • 3,924 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:29 AM

It sounds like a good idea, until you start thinking about all the issues that he didn't talk about. How many days would it take to set up a machine like that. 

#5 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:39 AM

Worlds First Functional .45 caliper printed pistol

http://www.extremete...er-m1911-pistol

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 02:59 PM

I don't GET 3d printing??  it isn't printing at all the way I see it. It is a really neat thing, yet beyond my understanding I guess. Getting to be more like a Star Trek "replicator"  you see in movies.   Maybe that isn't such a wild Idea afterall??   Guess it's all in layering up some sort of plastic or metals following a computer plan?  Can you see a future of just making whatever is needed or to fix things and all the battles there will be for copyrights and other things that will come up?  I wanna die and come back in 60yrs and see the progress on this kind of thing.  Hmmm! Battle droids!   Making up armies to go and conquer others!   Don't seem so Sci-fi now!

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Someone has to develop the site. Install everything needed for a house to function.