#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Very early John Deere 80 dump cart with a brass tag serial number of 3544. This one has the wider wheels and tires. It also has the #40 Easy-Rake Lawn Vac system with the 5hp Briggs motor. The motor is not locked up but hasn't been run for about two years. I have not tried to start it, but I am confident the motor will run with fresh gas. The muffler is intact and not rotted out like most are. The motor carrying bracket was mounted to the rear of a 110/112 round fender, but could mounted to the rear of a flat fender with the correct hanging bracket. (The round fender rear frame brackets are not included) There is not a tailgate for the cart, since it can't be used with the vac system.

The cart has some rust and some pitting, but there is no rust through and is very restorable. The only bad pitting is shown, which is on the lower rear frame. The canvas enclosure has a couple of tears, but nothing that can't be repaired. The hoses are original and are included along with the mower deck chute. This chute fit perfectly on a 38" John Deere mower deck. I have not checked, but the chute could possibly fit a 46" mower deck as well. There is also the grass deflector included, but not mounted to the enclosure frame. You see mostly the plywood and metal vac systems around for sale, but not many (if any) of these canvas vac systems around. Keep in mind, this unit is roughly 48 years old.

This unit is complete, and will be sold that way. I will not break up the package and sell pieces individually. I'm selling this package for $500.00, and this needs to be picked up at my residence in Lititz, (Lancaster County) Pennsylvania. I will not ship, and I will accept Cash or a Postal Money Order only. No paypal or personal checks. With all of the members here scattered all of the United States, other members can possibly pick this up for you and work out transportation, but the payment must be received before this item leaves my residence. 

If interested in this sale, have questions, or need additional pictures, drop me a Personal Message and I'll give you my contact information or help you as much as I can. Please, no offers! I think my pricing is fair.

Miscellaneous 14 483.JPG Miscellaneous 14 484.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 485.JPG Miscellaneous 14 486.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 487.JPG Miscellaneous 14 488.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 489.JPG Miscellaneous 14 490.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 491.JPG Miscellaneous 14 492.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 493.JPG Miscellaneous 14 494.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 495.JPG Miscellaneous 14 496.JPG

• MH81 said thank you

#2 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 05:48 PM

To bad your not closer.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 02:26 PM

This unit could be broken down and strapped to a pallet. I have just been made aware that Fastenal ships from store to store, so I would be willing to strap this fast to a pallet and drop it off at my local Fastenal dealer if it helps. Once broken down, everything should fit inside the bed of the cart. I'd have to drain the gas and the oil, but that is no big deal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale