22 replies to this topic

#1 jzr756 OFFLINE  

jzr756
  • Member No: 13391
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 04:33 AM

Hello all 

Just wanted to ask if anyone could post pictures of how the craftsman electric actuator lift kit assembly is installed on a gear drive vertical engine Craftsman garden tractor. Would really appreciate the help . 

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Welcome! I have one tractor with an electric lift, but it is horizontal shaft engine. The actuator is under the tractor, never really looked at how they put it in there.

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:42 AM

Welcome to GTTalk Do you have the Sears part #s maybe there are  some instructions or maybe get ideas from the Sears site , I've downloaded info from it when I lost owners manuals

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 07:37 AM

Is this for the hitch only or like the one I have that goes for all lift points?

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 08:00 AM

Welcome to GTtalk.  I'm afraid pictures of mine won't work for you.  Mine is home made.

#6 jzr756 OFFLINE  

jzr756
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hello KennyP

Its the type like yours that fits under the left frame rail. but the horizontal gear drive tractor uses less parts than the vertical drive  tractor .I have the manuals but they are all very vague when it comes to explaining how and where you are suppose to attach the lift bar to the forward end of the lift linkage. the manuals refer you back and forth  and "drop you off" at a certain point. with not even an illustration.   The actuator kit number is 917.242440  this applies to all tractor configurations, you use only the ones that apply. and save the rest. and there are two sleeve hitch types  one uses a round rod type lift bar and the later style uses a flat bar stock type lift bar. 

Edited by jzr756, November 13, 2013 - 03:09 PM.

• KennyP, TomLGT195 and toppop52 have said thanks

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 04:03 PM

Okay! Now I know what we're looking at. Give me a bit and I'll see if I can get under the tractor and see where it all hooks together. This tractor is not running & is out back in storage at the moment. It may be tomorrow before I can get something for you. Hang in there, we'll get you fixed up!

• MH81 and HDWildBill have said thanks

#8 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 05:13 PM

welcome aboard, Tom

#9 jzr756 OFFLINE  

jzr756
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 03:05 AM

Thanks again to all. Really appreciate the welcome Tom. HDwildbill I enjoy home made stuff  as well I've had do quite a bit myself. 

#10 dadscub OFFLINE  

dadscub
  • Member No: 53394
  • 14 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 09:51 PM

I have a 91 chraftsman II 18hp we farm 4000 acres so once in a while we get a skip while planting so i bought a warn1700 lb winch and built a bracket on the back and front. takes bout 5 min to take out 2 bolts to switch it from back to front. i have a one row JD planter unit to plant skips (and sweet corn for the whole county i think) with 120lbs of weight attached so pry 300 lbs and it handles it easily! in the winter i put it on the front for snow plow. total cost was around $120!!!! 

• toppop52 said thank you

#11 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 11:17 AM

I have a 91 chraftsman II 18hp we farm 4000 acres so once in a while we get a skip while planting so i bought a warn1700 lb winch and built a bracket on the back and front. takes bout 5 min to take out 2 bolts to switch it from back to front. i have a one row JD planter unit to plant skips (and sweet corn for the whole county i think) with 120lbs of weight attached so pry 300 lbs and it handles it easily! in the winter i put it on the front for snow plow. total cost was around $120!!!! 

Can you post some Pic's of how you have yours set up?  I have a winch set up on mine on the back but haven't quite figured out how to make it work on the front for a blade, with out it being in the way to open the hood.

• Sawdust and dadscub have said thanks

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 07:55 AM

Okay! Now I know what we're looking at. Give me a bit and I'll see if I can get under the tractor and see where it all hooks together. This tractor is not running & is out back in storage at the moment. It may be tomorrow before I can get something for you. Hang in there, we'll get you fixed up!

Boy, I dropped the ball on this. Forgot all about it. It's a little nasty to do it right now out there!

• dadscub and JWW have said thanks

#13 JWW OFFLINE  

JWW
  • Member No: 54429
  • 4 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 03:19 PM

Wow! I thought I would never find another GT with the under-mount actuator. My recent-find gear-drive GT [917-2559101] has the electric Attachment Lift switch in the dash and wiring harness to just above the deck, but the actuator is missing. If it was still there, it would lift the deck and the sleeve hitch at the same time. My sleeve hitch is operated by manual lift lever, but electric lift assist is now needed. I have added a Brinly moldboard plow that needs lift help from the electric actuator. Could you please post a photo of your actuator and the mounting points.

I hope to find the parts to help lift this sleeve hitch.

Thank you very much for any info-

JWW

Attached Thumbnails

• sleeve.JPG
  • dash.JPG

• toppop52 said thank you

#14 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,521 Thanks
  • 3,916 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 04:08 PM

:welcometogttalk:

Welcome to the forums JWW!

• JWW said thank you

#15 JWW OFFLINE  

JWW
  • Member No: 54429
  • 4 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hi-  & thank you Shorty. 

I am hoping to find info here to help me successfully  'engage the ground' soon.  <grin>