• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 11:17 PM

Maynard, just pee in the channel & you'll get in there. But be sure to take a big cup of coffee with you so you can get back out after the first pee freezes. :bigrofl:

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel :bigrofl:

Might try Irish Coffee... it'll make the job that much faster.

#32 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 06:16 PM

I got my shed open today. I used two methods to make the doors clear. First, I removed all the hinge screws to get the doors off. Then, I cut about 3/4" off the bottom of the doors. After that, I pried up the pavers and dug them out a little. Now the doors both clear. When things thaw out I will probably need to make some adjustments to the pavers. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

#33 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 06:27 PM

I got my shed open today. I used two methods to make the doors clear. First, I removed all the hinge screws to get the doors off. Then, I cut about 3/4" off the bottom of the doors. After that, I pried up the pavers and dug them out a little. Now the doors both clear. When things thaw out I will probably need to make some adjustments to the pavers. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

That's great Todd! Glad you finally got in! I know that would drive me crazy, even if I had NO REASON at all to get in there, just not being able to would make me WANT to that much more LOL!

#34 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 06:29 PM

What I would do now is put a rubber strip on the bottom of the doors....it seals the gap and is flexible enough if the pavers move a bit

#35 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 08:04 PM

What I would do now is put a rubber strip on the bottom of the doors....it seals the gap and is flexible enough if the pavers move a bit

One of the reasons why I did not cut more off of the doors, so that there would not be a gap. Good idea though.

#36 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted December 23, 2010 - 08:22 PM

Congats, I was afraid you were gonna have to go down & borrow the Jaws of Life from your local Fire Dept. :D

Glad you got in... As Caseguy said, It'd drive me nuts even if I didn't need in there.