#16 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Yes, Chaparral and Bonanza are two of the other "brands" that I've seen on the models with the rear pickup style bed (and only that body.)  All the Chaparrals I've seen were blue and I can't remember off hand what color the Bonanzas were.  I've seen an additional brand but can't remember what it was at this point.

#17 mys19 OFFLINE  

mys19
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51800
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 11:07 AM

May be an Electra or something like that.

• Canawler said thank you

#18 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 03:11 PM

May be an Electra or something like that.

Oh yeah, that's it.  You seem to have info on these other than what's on that Boss Cat Legacy site I posted.  Is it online somewhere?

By the way, Welcome to GTTalk.  It's good to have you here.

Edited by Canawler, December 22, 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#19 mys19 OFFLINE  

mys19
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 22, 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thank you. Glad to be here. I have I think is a 1973 model that I just picked up and intended to restore. I've done alot of on line searches of the Grass Cat and the different types of these lawnmowers that are related to the Grass Cat. Most of my info comes from other forums and then I try to verify the info from them on other web sights. I can't guarantee any of my info as fact.

#20 moparsquad OFFLINE  

moparsquad
  • Member No: 49750
  • 22 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 05:29 PM

hey,

I'm so thankful to find some people who have heard about these, I will be buying one this spring. The came out in the early 70's, most of them were purple with the green decals. They had different models such as rear engined rider, several lawn tractors, and push mowers. many of these tractors cam with a Wankel rotary motors, but some came with normal engines(this depends on the model. The "first series" had quite a few accessories such as a lawn sweeper, snow blower, lawn cart, snow plow, and a grass catcher. The "second series" had silver or gold paint with green decals and had two rectangular headlights instead of round.

Artic Enterprises also made a lawn tractor called the Lawn Lion which was based off the Grasscats. the lawn lion tractor had a yellow-ish color.

Does yours still have the original motor and can you find a model number on it? I believe it still has the original engine, it's a Briggs, will check the model number if I can get at it.

#21 moparsquad OFFLINE  

moparsquad
  • Member No: 49750
  • 22 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted December 23, 2013 - 05:38 PM

hey,

I'm so thankful to find some people who have heard about these, I will be buying one this spring. The came out in the early 70's, most of them were purple with the green decals. They had different models such as rear engined rider, several lawn tractors, and push mowers. many of these tractors cam with a Wankel rotary motors, but some came with normal engines(this depends on the model. The "first series" had quite a few accessories such as a lawn sweeper, snow blower, lawn cart, snow plow, and a grass catcher. The "second series" had silver or gold paint with green decals and had two rectangular headlights instead of round.

Artic Enterprises also made a lawn tractor called the Lawn Lion which was based off the Grasscats. the lawn lion tractor had a yellow-ish color.

Does yours still have the original motor and can you find a model number on it?

I believe it has the original Briggs engine. I will check on model number if I can get at it next week.

#22 mys19 OFFLINE  

mys19
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 08:28 PM

my daughter has started restoring mine in her small engine class at school. We're hoping to get it running so we can ride around a little this summer on it. Eventually we will restore the hole thing. She's really having fun working on getting the engine running as her class project.

• sprucebluepatio said thank you

#23 sprucebluepatio OFFLINE  

sprucebluepatio
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 29373
  • 18 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 08:14 PM

my daughter has started restoring mine in her small engine class at school. We're hoping to get it running so we can ride around a little this summer on it. Eventually we will restore the hole thing. She's really having fun working on getting the engine running as her class project.

Thats cool, I got a good price (FREE) on the GrassCat i posted earlier in this thread. I will be restoring mine throughout this year. I think its cool to know that someone else is restoring one. Do you know of any ads for sale any where becuase I would like to do an factory oem restoration so any help will be very appreciated.