• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 06:50 PM

The plowing was fun, but challenging. Since we all realized that cornstalks are a part of life and not a thing to be done about them, we made the best of it and had a ball.

It was about 10' to the next clean out of your plow, so we had fun even while we were cleaning out. Heck, Jeff (David Brown) and I were even setting "good examples" by throwing salks in from of each other (just to mess with each other). DH1 and the ET2 Massey had no problem with pulling the plow and the loss of the Tranny at FCVAEC was only a memory. It did a fine job.

The pull was fun too. This is the first year I participated in that.
Doug and the ET2 pulled, so I decided I would too. The ET2 did great and he had lots of power left, just ran out of traction.
My little SS12 did much better than I though she would, not being eliminated until the 1430# class. Just plain spun out. Many others were eliminated in that class too, so I didnt feel to bad.

There was a tie for first place. OB took it all the way to the end with another fellow. The HDT1000 did a fine job and in the end, the only other tractor that could keep up was a Cub that may or may not have been stock... They'd still be pulling, except the pullers only had 2500# of weight or so with them. I think the last class was 2530.

Of course, my favorite part of any of these events is the people. I finally got to meet IamSherwood, SuperSpeedex, and Old Buzzard as well as shake hands and catch up with many of my friends from years past. BTW, Will and Casey you guys have to bring a tractor the next time. OK, who am I missing?

A big thank you to the WPGTA, it's members also to the landowner and the Beacon Inn. We'll see you next year.

I do have a few pics, but they're on the camera. I will get them loaded up as soon as I can.
  • DH1, OldBuzzard, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yes, Alan and I were like a couple of kids out there.  May I say, it's GREAT FUN having a horn on your tractor!  Sorry Alan, couldn't resist.  The plowing was, to say the least and keep things nice, challenging.  Had it not been for the corn stalks, I think it would have been about perfect.  It certainly wasn't up to the usual standards but, as stated, we made the best of it.  I had to bow out early so my tractor could live to plow another day.  It was really great meeting some forum members there as well.  Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

• MH81, Alc, IamSherwood and 2 others have said thanks

#18 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:31 PM

... was a Cub that may or may not have been stock...

Wait till you pics of that beast. Cub? Stock? :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: :bigrofl:  

I will say though that for me the most impressive tractor in the pull was Wally's (the club Prez if I'm not mistaken) little 8 Hp. Cub.

That little rascal pulled a BUNCH of weight and held on to close to the end.

Weight at the end was 2250 Lbs.  I don't know if the HDT could have pulled too much more than that, but it would have been fun to see just how much it would pull.

They said that they will have more weigh in the Spring so maybe we will find out :D :D

I probably would have gone out on the pull before that except for some advice from a fella that was watching.

He said he watched me in the 3rd to last pull. I was struggling to get through it and came REAL close to losing traction.

He said that I still had a lot of weight on the front tires, and that I needed to raise my hitch.  I asked him to look at where it was set, and he had me raise it about 3" or so.

On the next (which was the next to last) pull), The HDT just walked down the track with the front wheels just touching the ground enough to give a little bit of steering.

So, any success can be given to the "Helpful Stranger" and not me.

I was just the nut holding the steering wheel, and trying not to spin the tires.  :D :D :D

• MH81, Alc, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 07:49 PM

I do have a few pics, but they're on the camera. I will get them loaded up as soon as I can.

I took one video, and going to keep it to myself for the purposes of obtaining more favors lol.
  • MH81 and wally471 have said thanks

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:09 PM

I took one video, and going to keep it to myself for the purposes of obtaining more favors lol.

I think that would be wise Casey :D

Now where's that Warn button?

• wvbuzzmaster and wally471 have said thanks

#21 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think that would be wise Casey :D
Now where's that Warn button?

The warn button you are looking for is not visible at this time, please try looking for it again next week, after you forget about it. Beep lol
  • MH81 said thank you

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:20 PM

OK, Here is what I have for pics.  Took less this year.  

Ryan said it's hard to take pics when you're ratchet-jawing... 

Attached Thumbnails

• PB160423 (Large).JPG
  • PB150414 (Large).JPG
  • PB150415 (Large).JPG
  • PB150416 (Large).JPG
  • PB150417 (Large).JPG
  • PB150418 (Large).JPG
  • PB150419 (Large).JPG
  • PB150420 (Large).JPG
  • PB150421 (Large).JPG
  • PB150422 (Large).JPG
  • PB160432 (Large).JPG
  • PB160433 (Large).JPG
  • PB160424 (Large).JPG
  • PB160425 (Large).JPG
  • PB160426 (Large).JPG
  • PB160427 (Large).JPG
  • PB160428 (Large).JPG
  • PB160429 (Large).JPG
  • PB160430 (Large).JPG
  • PB160431 (Large).JPG
  • PB160441 (Large).JPG
  • PB160434 (Large).JPG
  • PB160435 (Large).JPG
  • PB160436 (Large).JPG
  • PB160438 (Large).JPG
  • PB160440 (Large).JPG

• DH1, OldBuzzard, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yes, Alan and I were like a couple of kids out there.  May I say, it's GREAT FUN having a horn on your tractor!  Sorry Alan, couldn't resist.  The plowing was, to say the least and keep things nice, challenging.  Had it not been for the corn stalks, I think it would have been about perfect.  It certainly wasn't up to the usual standards but, as stated, we made the best of it.  I had to bow out early so my tractor could live to plow another day.  It was really great meeting some forum members there as well.  Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Thanks for letting Ryan try out the Beaver. He really enjoyed it. We talked about it on the way home. Said the whole diesel thing would take a little getting used to. :D
  • wally471, David Brown, Dieselcubmike and 1 other said thanks

#24 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:32 PM

Said the whole diesel thing would take a little getting used to. :D

Believe me, it doesn't take long!  I'm glad he decided to try it out.  I was anxious to see his reaction.  Wasn't sure what to think when he said "it was fancy".  Fancy?  Really?  This is two cylinder diesel, 15 hp of raw, unadulterated POWER!  Fancy.  I couldn't get any traction but that's beside the point.  It's sad really.  That Satoh is a drop and go tractor when it comes to plowing.  Not today.  I had hoped that Ryan would get my plow adjusted for me.  Good kid.

• MH81 and superspeedex have said thanks

#25 chuckerfarm OFFLINE  

chuckerfarm
  • Member No: 47820
  • 27 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Was there a john deere 430 pulling? Cause thats usually what wins the pulls hands doen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• superspeedex said thank you

#26 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Just got in about 1/2 hr ago and had a great time. This time before I crossed the border going back into Canada I washed the tractor and had no problem, last 2 times they said no US soil can come into Canada.

As far as plowing goes it was all my little electric tractor could do to do it but in-spite of all the trash, corn stacks, it did plow.

In the sled pull it pulled 730lbs, and almost pulled 930lbs (sled weight increased in 200lb increments) but the tractor stopped short and spun it's wheels. More tractor / wheel weight needed.

And the best part was the people, saw some members from before and some that I never seen.

I got some pictures I'll get uploaded some.

Can't wait for the next plowday to come.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, IamSherwood and 2 others have said thanks

#27 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 11:27 PM

I finally got to attend a tractor event, besides hanging around my own.

I was down that way, picking up a GT, and decided to swing by and say hi

and have a look. I didn't have one with me, to go out and play in the dirt

with, but I will next time.

I met several members. Alan and Ryan, OldBuzzard, Casey, and Jeff (David Brown)

it was nice to finally meet you, and Doug, it was good to see you out there with ET2.

Superspeedex, I saw you and your great looking Speedex, but didn't get to

meet you, as you where busy getting it fixed.

It was a good time, and I plan on being back next spring. Thanks to the organizers.

• DH1, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#28 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Yea it happens the speedex i just gotta get the bugs worked out of it and ya wallys tractor was 3rd at the dayton plow days i pulled 1250lbs with the 8hp wally pulled like 1800 and the cases went the rest of the way

• MH81, IamSherwood and wally471 have said thanks

#29 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 12:52 AM

Was there a john deere 430 pulling? Cause thats usually what wins the pulls hands doen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There were a number of Deere there, but for one reason or another, I didn't see any of them pulling.

• MH81 and wally471 have said thanks

#30 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 07:57 AM

Pictures

WPGTA fall plowday 2013 001.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 002.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 003.JPG

WPGTA fall plowday 2013 004.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 005.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 006.JPG

WPGTA fall plowday 2013 007.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 008.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 009.JPG

WPGTA fall plowday 2013 010.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 011.JPG WPGTA fall plowday 2013 012.JPG

WPGTA fall plowday 2013 013.JPG

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and 4 others have said thanks