Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What Are The Components Affixed To The Front Of This Speedex?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10613
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm in the midst of buying this speedex. I have only seen it in pictures. I was thinking that they may have been for a tiller or snow thrower perhaps. I don't recall ever seeing any real heavy attachments for the speedex mainly rear plows dirt plows snow plows, decks things like that. I also believe its an S18, so what are thought on this.... Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Dieselcubmike and JRJ have said thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,519 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:04 PM

Looks nice :thumbs: does it run?

• Gfann and JRJ have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,909 Thanks
  • 29,736 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:18 PM

They had a front mounted reel and rotary mower for those. Not sure if that's the mechanism, but it could be?

Found 2 small pics online, can't tell for sure.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Gfann and JRJ have said thanks

#4 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:37 PM

They had a front mounted reel and rotary mower for those. Not sure if that's the mechanism, but it could be?
Found 2 small pics online, can't tell for sure.

That makes sense, I've seen those actually could place it though without the deck.
  • JRJ said thank you

#5 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Looks nice :thumbs: does it run?

Actually not sure, but for the price I'm not to concerned. The gentleman who has it says he can't get it into natural, but all the engine components are there so I think if it doesn't its not a major issue. I'm not to concerned about the transmission sometimes its just the belt being to tight or just something out of alignment.
  • JRJ said thank you

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,035 Thanks
  • 30,448 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:56 PM

The trans looks like it may be a Peerless 1200 series (3 speed) or 2300 series (4 speed).  I so, used parts isn't a problem.

• JRJ said thank you

#7 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 08:19 PM

my guesstimation is that its an S18 the kohler engine and looks like a four speed.
  • JRJ said thank you

#8 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 08:41 PM

looks like a s18  id go for it if you could get it for a good price

#9 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hes going sell it to me for $200. He about 90min out from me. I have another S18 I wanted to restor next summer so I thought Id add this to roster. Speedex aren't to hard to brake down and restore. I'll have a deck on one and a front plow on the other.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#10 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,110 Thanks
  • 7,548 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Saw that on epay but didn't bid, too far away.  I figured that was a homemade mount for something on front and would be first thing to Leave!  Didn't like many little things that needed worked on or replaced, so decided against it.  Would like to deal on the offer of the Pair of 1040's  but starting kinda high I thought. I made an offer but haven't heard anything from owner.

#11 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:53 AM

Saw that on epay but didn't bid, too far away.  I figured that was a homemade mount for something on front and would be first thing to Leave!  Didn't like many little things that needed worked on or replaced, so decided against it.  Would like to deal on the offer of the Pair of 1040's  but starting kinda high I thought. I made an offer but haven't heard anything from owner.

When you say "Leave" do mean, "leave on or take off"? Over all, It looks pretty good to me. The little things arent bad. I will probablt remove the front attachment and hold it, keep an eye out for the deck. It does appear to be missing a part to the engine mounted deck clutch, but considering it isnt needed to run anything as-is not a big deal. I'm going to probably mount a dirt plow on the front but thats a next summer thing and Ive got all winter to obsess about it, so by then I'll have decided to mount a jet pack on it I'm sure.

#12 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,110 Thanks
  • 7,548 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ha!  I get it, pickin' on me!   That bracket would be GONE if I had it.  Never cared much for trying to mow with deck swinging around out front. Seems like I would be wacking off too many flowers and stuff if I were driving it.  Blades fot these are pretty simple, just make sure you get all the hardware to mount and lift it. I have one on mine.  Slips over the stubs at back where the lift pivots for rear mounting, then a long channel up to blade pivot. Was a fella on here I was coversing with that had a few of those for cheap. Have to look for his name again if any interest?? He was in Ohio too I think like all Speedex stuff and owners are!

#13 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 04:15 PM

I can appreciate the criticism for the forward deck I'm betting that is partly why they have more or less gone away. But for authentic purposes Id like to have one.

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,909 Thanks
  • 29,736 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 06:06 PM

I can appreciate the criticism for the forward deck I'm betting that is partly why they have more or less gone away. But for authentic purposes Id like to have one.

I love oddball attachments like that, would be :thumbs: to find or recreate one for it. :D

#15 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 07:23 PM

yo G if you check the speedex drivetrain  info on the speedex site the s18 had a 2 speed some with variable speed but they had a clutch idler not a slider like the 17's and 14's this tractor with a little research should prove to be a S19 with a 4 speed peerless tranny and a 8hp engine so good luck

• Gfann and superspeedex have said thanks