Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

You guys better watch out, grand has a new puter.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 09:17 PM

We got the parts in today. The case came in yesterday and the rest of the stuff came today. I got it together and got windows 7 installed for him. Now he has a hot rod compared to what he was using.

I was going to take pics and do a little assembly thread but I wanted to get it done for him. I will do an assembly thread when I build the home server.

I do want to get him a new hard drive yet but for now to save money we are reusing the old one. His new system is a Intel Dual Core 2.9Ghz and 2gb memory. The old system he was using was a 1200Mhz and 256Mb ram.

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 09:19 PM

That's good to hear i think.I will be looking for the gold bolens feeling up the screen LOL

#3 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 09:35 PM

The old guy can't type too fast but I'll do what I can to do some extra posting. Only took me 20 minutes to type this post. :smilewink:

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 09:49 PM

The old guy can't type too fast but I'll do what I can to do some extra posting. Only took me 20 minutes to type this post. :smilewink:

Just remember Grand, Practice makes perfect! Congrats on the new system, must be nice to have a guru in the family LOL!

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hope you enjoy your new computer Grand.
  • grand said thank you

#6 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 10:11 PM

If it wasn't for my son knowing what to do I probably wouldn't even be on the internet. Thankfully George can solve all of my problems and keep me going. And yes it is very helpful to have somebody that knows what to do when I do have problems. I am sure he gets frustrated with me when he is describing my new system that he ordered for me and I am asking questions about the differences about the new and the old. He goes over somethings so fast because he understands it and I just stand there and think what the h**l did you just tell me. But we do have a wonderful son and are thankful for our blessings.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 10:30 PM

Don't think you're out of it, My Dad was born in '39... still remembers riding in the "Cracky Wagon" with his Grandpa to town.
Now I've got both he & Mom online. They started out scared as heck of this thing on his desk, now Dad's using The patent office website to look up his old wrenches & if he need info, a little more each month he will find it himself. Mom does a lot of typing up of family stories (she is a good typist, Dad hunts, pecks, deletes & hunts again LOL)

#8 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 08:10 AM

Glad you got a new system. Your son and the others got my laptop in shape with thier good advice.
Remember, instead of all that typing, a picture is worth a thousand words.