4 replies to this topic

#1 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 04:11 PM

so I go to start my LGT 195 with a Kohler K532 twin cyl , and it's running on 1-1/2 cylinders. it took a moment to start then would only run smooth at low/ med idle . If I go full throttle it starts spitting n sputtering like it's choked. 

I recently, less than work 1hr on it, since I changed the plugs and wires. had a problem there, local small engine dealer suggested auto parts universal kit for wires, that didn't go so well as they don't have the correct end so i used my old end into the coil. so when I opened the hood to check out what's going on i got a spark from one of the boots at the coil.

So the question is; Is it electrical or carb related ?

tractor ran decent before I did service 

looking for some direction where to start so I don't take everything apart.

Thanks Tom

Edited by TomLGT195, November 10, 2013 - 04:12 PM.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 04:41 PM

When you see a spark at the coil there is an electrical problem. The spark that you see isn't getting to the spark plug so that cylinder isn't firing. You need to fix the insulation. Good Luck, Rick
  • JRJ and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Insulation failure and or broken connection at one of the ends. I would say you have to redo the wires. Also, make sure you aren't using resistor wires as these engines werent ever designed for that.
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#4 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:09 PM

well I found the OEM wires online . Took the part #' to the small engine shop , talked to the owner this time, and he ordered them and saved me almost $5 off the eBay price. He agreed with both Rick and Alan it was an insulation issue combined with resistor wires . Thanks for the help!!

• MH81 said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 08:46 AM

well I found the OEM wires online . Took the part #' to the small engine shop , talked to the owner this time, and he ordered them and saved me almost $5 off the eBay price. He agreed with both Rick and Alan it was an insulation issue combined with resistor wires . Thanks for the help!!

In the future, you can buy generic wiring materials at HF and make your own wiring harnesses. It is slow work but can give you flexability and save money. Good Luck, Rick

• TomLGT195 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kohler k532, ford lgt 195