Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Veterans Day, Not Political Just........

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Patriotic.
Monday is Veterans Day ! In these times of uncertainty and political strife we need to reflect and remember those who got us here. Our American Veterans from all branches of Military Service have sacrificed so much so that we may live in the way we live now. From our firsr wars, Civil War, First World War, Second World War, Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf War, Operation Iraqi Freedom, The war On Terrorism and the war on Domestic Violence here at home these Men and Women have given up so much to serve so many that they never have and never will lnow. It is our time to thank them and let them know we appreciate what they have done and sacrificed for us.
Now I include our Brave Men and Women of the Police Fire and EMS in this gorup of American Heros because they too don a Uniform daily to fight on the front lines here at home to protect and serve us daily so that we may enjoy the life we have, and make it a safer place to enjoy the freedoms we hold so dear.
I have always held these people in a higher place in my heart for the jobs they do every day. Our military Men and Women return every day and have to return to uncertainty and pressures of what they have lived in the service to this country. Wives and Husbands left home, Sweethearts, Brothers and Sisters, Mothers and Fathers, Children not completely understanding why this is happening and then being gone so long.
All I and my family ask is take a few seconds on monday and remember those who have sacrificed so much. As for me and my family we will lower or flag at sunrise and and then raise to half staff, the flag of my Fathers, from his honoring of his service in WWII.
I ask one more thing....If possible when you see someone who has served, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Merchant Marines, National Guard, Police, Fire, EMS, extend a hand with a smile on your face and a light in you eyes, a simple jesture to say "Thank You for All You Have Done" !
To all of our Members here who are Veterans or who are serving currently, A very Sincere Thank You For your Service.....
" Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends".
  • olcowhand, powerking56, DougT and 29 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Thank You, I could not have said it any better.
  • 101 senior, hamman, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 10:08 AM

I found a good percentage of our members are vets. Thanks to all who have served. I usually try to spend the day alone in the woods. Six friends from high school died in Nam by 1971. I have to make an effort to remember much about them. When I was hurt in the Army, I lost 1969 in my memory. As always, veterans are victims of politicians. Good Luck, Rick

• Alc, 101 senior, hamman and 8 others have said thanks

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Great thoughts, Rick. 

Ben W.

• 101 senior, hamman, bgkid2966 and 2 others have said thanks

#5 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Thank you. Ryan and I went to "Through a Veteran's Eye" display in Meadville today. We took a few pics, but the sheer number of displays was overwhelming. God bless the Veterans, their Spouses and Families. Without them and their sacrifices, our lives would've been much less than they were.
  • Alc, 101 senior, hamman and 5 others have said thanks

#6 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Roger, that was a very nice tribute to our men and women.  I could not have said it better.  I would however like to add a group to your list who are IMO the unsung hero's.  That group is the spouses, family left behind who have to go on with daily life with out there partner.  Many have to deal with raising children and then on top of that deal with house repairs, car repairs and always in the back of their mind what is my loved one going through right now.  Will He/She come back to us?  Their the ones who make the true sacrifices. 

Thanks for posting.

• Alc, 101 senior, Texas Deere and Horse and 9 others have said thanks

#7 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Thank You HDWildBill, I most certainly did forget one of the most important parts of our Veterans. Obviously not intentional but a group often missed by U.S.. May God Bless them All.  Thanks again. Roger.

• 101 senior, KennyP, HDWildBill and 4 others have said thanks

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,745 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Thank you, Roger! I have to ditto all the above to our members here, can't say anymore than what is already there!

• 101 senior, hamman, bgkid2966 and 1 other said thanks

#9 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thank you each and every one of you that have put your life on hold in any form as a service to the USA or Canada.  A close friend of mine up here is a vet. He said to me one day.. That thing that touches him most is when a person in line will leave a five behind to pay for a coffee for him and all the person ever says is Thank you.. This tough ole man i know says it always brings tears to his eyes when it's something so simple and so heartfelt.  

Again.. Thank you.. for with out you fine folks the rest of us would not have the life we have this day.

• Alc, 101 senior, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#10 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 10:04 AM

:thank_you: God bless all of our veterans!

• Alc, 101 senior, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#11 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 11:24 AM

We are heading to The Vietnam Moving Wall at our local high school. The healing field is also there and it all brings tears to my eyes knowing what we have is because of our veterans sacrifice. 

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR VETERANS AND ACTIVE SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN!!

:worshippy1:  :worship:  :thank_you:

Geno

Edited by bgkid2966, November 10, 2013 - 11:26 AM.

• Alc, 101 senior, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#12 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 03:38 PM

My brother will be heading for the Marines next year. Have a great Veterans Day and remember those making the ultimate sacrifice. HOO-RAH!

• Alc, 101 senior and hamman have said thanks

#13 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 05:26 PM

My brother will be heading for the Marines next year. Have a great Veterans Day and remember those making the ultimate sacrifice. HOO-RAH!

I wish your brother all the best in the Marines.  Any idea what his mos will be? 

• 101 senior and hamman have said thanks

#14 101 senior ONLINE  

101 senior

• Member No: 1393
  • 185 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Tomorrow is a very important day. God bless all of our troops past and present. Keep them safe. And God bless my family members who served with honor.

• MH81, hamman, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#15 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 10:05 PM

How bout posting your service pic, or those of family members!  I'll start with my Dad.  Pic is somewhere around 1944.

Dad.jpg

• hamman and KennyP have said thanks