What is going on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 limebuzz ONLINE  

• Member No: 795
  • 825 Thanks
  • 862 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 04:46 PM

Just snagged a 1655 with a 4820 blower and a 3ph blade for $450 cad.The problem im having is it wont run right.It had no compression when i got it home,so I took the hed off and found the missing screw that holds the air cleaner on stuck in the ex.valve.Pulled that out now it will not run unless the chocke is fully shut and the throttle is wide open.Would it be fuel pump or carb? I've cleaned the carb twice and the pump once. What is going on?:wallbanging:

#2 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 05:01 PM

From what I;ve read you say that one of the screw's were in between the valve and the valve seat.When you pulled the screw out did you notice it the valve seat was damaged in anyway.What about the valve face,it could even be bent???If the valve seat or valve aren't seating properly thats why its not going to run for you. Larry

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,252 Thanks
  • 29,702 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 05:54 PM

Yep, with a twin cylinder, it was likely ran a while trying to figure why it was running bad. It WILL wear into the seat & valve if ran that way for any period of time. My wife's Uncle did that with a Kohler, so I used a Dremel by hand & took the seat down pretty even, then ground the valve face even, & finished up with a long, long valve lapping session to get the seat all evened up. It ran like a new one.
With the one intake leaking & blowing backward, it affects the other cylinder taking in fuel mixture. The choke helps this to some extent.
You said no compression....what about the other cylinder?

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 17, 2010 - 06:25 AM

Yeah,I agree with Daniel.That happened to my 1655 once,and that is what I did.