Been Distracted Since A Lil Before School Started

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Since i started school back in August ive notice a few things that are out of the ordinary for my habits. One of many is that there are 2 lts behind the garage and 1 gt under a cover so i looked under the cover and surprise i found my cub 70 not to shock me but the rear tires were soft. If your wondering about the other 2 i noticed one wasnt covered up that one was traded in the deal to get my JD , its still waiting to go to its new owner. The other followed me home in hopes to be repaired and sent back home to its owner but the part it needs cant be found any wheres.The snow blower for the JD is still awaiting money for the hanging brackets so it can be mounted on the tractor but that shall have to wait for another day.

The new project that has taking up all of my time and any little extra money the wife has aloud me to have has gone towards the frame off build of my 93 Jeep Wrangler. Why a 93 you ask, well right after high school i bought a 93 beat up Wrangler from a good friend and drove it till it died and since then i have missed the freedom of no top or doors. But still you say its just a 93 go find a nicer one. Well i sold my 03 Ranger and bought the 93 in august drove it for awhile then starting looking at patch panels and decided i should buy a donor jeep, which happen to be the 94 that is currently being worked on at school trying to become a rust free body.My poor garage is full of daralect jeep parts awaiting to be refinished so i can work in my shop again.

No i have not forgot about my gt projects over the summer i scored a set of ags on 6" wide rims for the cub, ill be getting a coil as soon as the money tree in my office grows a lil more the climate in NY is not the best for growing these trees.Since the holidays are coming cash will be extra tight so my allowance will be minimal and must be proven to be a needed expense. I have her convinced that the snow blower parts are a must or she will have to shovel, so im ahead with 1 item and that is all for now. No she doesnt know how much the parts cost yet but its better then having to shovel to her and it keeps me happy(seat time out of the house).

So my friends ends another mowing season the leaves are all off the trees its getting chilly at nights kinda warm during the day(45-50) raining weather is upon us in the southern tier of NY. Next will be winter and im hoping for a good amount of snow and cold weather to kill off some pesky bugs that are out of control this fall. An for the water in the spring when the snow melts away to revile green grass.

• MH81 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 04:44 PM

There is only so much time and money to go around so sometimes you have to prioritize projects. When the Jeep is done it should last you a long time and will save you the expense of buying a newer one.

• backwoods and JRJ have said thanks

#3 backwoods OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yes it should it will only be drivin in the summer to keep the road salt off of it since i have my blazer for a winter beater the jeep will be for shows and summer driving. not much will be left untouched in the frame off. Im building a few things for other will be bought the paint will be bright red but with a lot of custom touches to set it apart from any others in the area.

• JRJ said thank you

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,048 Thanks
  • 4,978 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 05:03 PM

My projects go in cycles. Tractors, minibikes, cars and whatever else I might be doing.

I might leave a project untouched for a year or more
  • JRJ said thank you

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,692 Thanks
  • 28,334 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have more projects than years left to work on them.
  • oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks