I finally remembered to shoot a picture. This is the lift I bought. I think it was complete except for the supports.
Today we took a drive to pick up the pump supports from Wilberj (thanks Jerome!) and spent some time looking at his collection. Quite impressive!
Hopefully I'll have a chance to install the lift soon, I'm thinking I may stick the engine off the 1053 on the 1050 while I'm doing that. The one on it smokes pretty badly, and I have to pull the mounting bolts to put the lift on anyway. Of course the 1053 engine needs a head gasket, but it ran good before I pulled the head.
Then I can rebuild the original engine at some point.
Here is what the 1050 looks like now with the 42" deck installed.