• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 12:02 PM

I take it she wasn't there when you said that! Denise would shoot me if I did that to her, and the parents near us are hers.

She was right beside me, but then she knew I was kidding.  At the same time, if they called, she'd go with me no matter what the time.  She's a wonderful wife!

• KennyP, HDWildBill, EricR and 2 others have said thanks

#197 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,501 Thanks
  • 4,954 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 12:42 PM

HAHA That sounds like something I would say about my wife.

My wife got her CCW back in the summer, her dad bought her a .380 as a present. She keeps telling me I need to get mine.

I asked her, "why do I need my CCW, you got the gun, I will just stand behind you if trouble brews" :thumbs:

• KennyP, sacsr, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#198 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 12:59 PM

Marty, I taught my wife to shoot! She hasn't gotten her CCW yet, but she does have a nice 9mm. If anything hapens, I'll be right behind her with a shotgun!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#199 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 01:11 PM

Glad to hear Dad is perking up and Chinese sounds like just the ticket. 

Every once in a while I have to remind my 4 legged buddy Achilles that he doesn't have a place at the dinner table.  The other day the grandkid were over ages 3, 5, 7.  I told Achilles that if he didn't go settle down I was going to spank Zane( the 3 year old).  You should have seen the expression on all 3 of there faces.  Priceless!!!

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#200 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,501 Thanks
  • 4,954 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Marty, I taught my wife to shoot! She hasn't gotten her CCW yet, but she does have a nice 9mm. If anything hapens, I'll be right behind her with a shotgun!

That's exactly what I told her, she can knock them down, I'll finish with the 12 gauge...although with the hollow points, I probably won't have much to do after she is done.

• oldedeeres and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#201 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just got home, too tired for shop time now.  Recliner or computer time.  Mom & Dad enjoyed Chinese, and have enough for maybe a couple more meals each.  Dad's neck is killing him, and likely from being in the recliner so long at a stretch.  I know too long at a time for me in the recliner, and I can hardly move my head it will hurt so much.  But he's still getting around good.  The physical therapist didn't do much more than ask questions today, so next time will be workout time.  They should be able to help with his neck pain too.

• IamSherwood, sacsr, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#202 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 19, 2013 - 07:37 PM

I have the same trouble sitting in a recliner for to long.  The neck gets real stiff and if I continue to sit there I will eventually end up getting a headache.  My first day in PT I didn't do much either mostly like you said talk and answer questions.  The 4th session was the toughest for me.  Glad to hear they enjoyed there meal.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#203 SupplySergeant ONLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,084 Thanks
  • 658 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Daniel, if the recliner is otherwise the best option for him, try getting one of those horseshoe-shaped travel neck pillows.it really helps me on those 18-hour overseas flights.

• olcowhand said thank you

#204 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Daniel, if the recliner is otherwise the best option for him, try getting one of those horseshoe-shaped travel neck pillows.it really helps me on those 18-hour overseas flights.

Went & got him one the other day.  It does help though.  My other sister with colon cancer stopped by to visit dad today & brought him a bag of corn that you heat in the microwave for a heating pad.  It made his neck feel lots better.  

But Dad is staying sick to his stomach & isn't eating nearly what he needs to.  His next Dr appointment is Monday, but I'm gonna call the doc tomorrow & check in with him.  Just went out to check on him & refill his weekly pill box.

• KennyP, HDWildBill, bgkid2966 and 2 others have said thanks

#205 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,501 Thanks
  • 4,954 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 10:22 AM

might be one of the meds he is on making him sick to his stomach. My mom just got over the C diff infection. The meds to cure it made her sicker to her stomach than the infection, but she had no choice.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#206 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,520 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 01:29 PM

If he is taking Demerol you might want to get the prescription changed. Makes my wife very sick to her stomach.

• olcowhand said thank you

#207 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Dad's doc is out of town till Monday, day of his appointment.  Nothing we can do about prescription change till then.  He is very weak, but can still get around some.  

BUT, Mom called & said his pill box had lots of empty spaces.  I just filled the box yesterday, and when I got out there, 10 spaces were empty.  Mom had been rifling through it, so no way to know if she dropped them, as her hands shake like crazy.  Luckily the ones missing were simple pills, nothing that if over done would do harm.  Won't happen again though, as I brought ALL his meds home with me, and we will take the day's meds out every morning.  Each day's pills slip out of the big weekly box in their own daily mini box.  This is the only safe way to handle it.  I also went to his pharmacist to pick up some papers I need for VA.

I felt bad this morning myself with my heart palpitations again.  I feel better now.....except now I have a headache. 

• sacsr, oldedeeres and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#208 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Daniel, can you explain a bit more about the pill box?  If they take that days pills can the come back that same day and get them again for another day?  The reason I ask is the wife helps a 92 year old lady and she is constently getting her prescriptions messed up, but all she uses is one of those pill boxes that is divided into the days of the week so she can take what ever day's and more.  Thanks

#209 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 06:11 PM

This is Dad's weekly/daily pill box.  You can see today's isn't there, as it's at Dad's.  Teresa will take the Friday box out there in the morning while I'm milking.  This is the only safe way I can handle his meds.  I also have his box of prescriptions still in the bottles here at my house.  No way he can take more than he's supposed to now.  I'm not sure he did anyway, as Mom may have lost the missing pills.

DSC00069.JPG

• KennyP, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#210 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Dad was feeling rough yesterday morning due to having a lot of visitors Friday.  He much enjoyed the visits, but he walked down most every path in his memories, and I think it was too much exercise!  :smilewink:   By mid afternoon yesterday, he was feeling a bit better.  He has lost around 24lbs though, and it took his strength with it.  He's getting around better day by day, and he'll likely be getting out a little in a month or so.  I take him to his Dr appointment tomorrow.  The remainder of the staples will come out too. Hoping for a good report, and maybe find out something to help his appetite.

• KennyP, sacsr, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks