2 replies to this topic

#1 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Up for sale is another one of the projects I may never get around to. It is a Kohler 12hp engine that I got with a Speedex tractor I bought back in the spring. I was told that the engine had a rod knock and the PO dissembled the engine to find the problem and then put it back together. I believe him because everything is put together finger tight. I have not looked into how bad the rod is so assume it needs a complete rebuild. The engine is one of the multi use ones that has the big gas tank mounted on the side of the engine. The engine is complete with the carb, coil and everything else. I was going to rebuild this and then put it on a shelf for a spare engine. Well so far I have put it on the shelf and haven't touched it since.  

I'm asking 75 obo

Located near Pittsburgh Pa

Attached Thumbnails

• post-8266-0-27433600-1370485187.jpg

#2 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 04, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Up for sale is another one of the projects I may never get around to. It is a Kohler 12hp engine that I got with a Speedex tractor I bought back in the spring. I was told that the engine had a rod knock and the PO dissembled the engine to find the problem and then put it back together. I believe him because everything is put together finger tight. I have not looked into how bad the rod is so assume it needs a complete rebuild. The engine is one of the multi use ones that has the big gas tank mounted on the side of the engine. The engine is complete with the carb, coil and everything else. I was going to rebuild this and then put it on a shelf for a spare engine. Well so far I have put it on the shelf and haven't touched it since.  

I'm asking 75 obo

What is the shaft size?

Located near Pittsburgh Pa

#3 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 09:28 PM

What is the shaft size?

I will have to measure it.