Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Do these kinds of ads bug anyone but me?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:09 PM

My biggest complaint on any ad listed on the internet where it is easily editable "mainly craigslist" are the ones that don't delete the dam things when they are sold. The other pet peeve are the ones that don't respond until a week later saying "Oh sorry, I just sold it to a guy".

:ditto:

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:15 PM

I took an old boat winch that was missing it's cable & went to Harbor Freight. Bought a long ratchet strap & removed the ratchet end. Installed the long strap on the winch & wah-lah! MUCH less pushing in my life, It'll bring it all the way to the front & start the tilt back down.

I was going to buy an ATV winch, but for the few times a year I need it, cranking beats dragging a battery along.

I had the old boat winch rigged up to hook over the front of my trailer, but a friend gave me a small electric winch, so I thought "what a better way to go". NOT! That thing was so slow loading I could hand crank 3 tractors on faster than it would pull one! I just use my hand cranker now.

#18 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 03:00 PM

What I hate worse than "ran when parked' or "will run with minor tune up",is the term "fresh rebuild". This term is used a lot and can mean anything from a valve adjust, to a complete rebuild by a reputable mechanic, as opposed to A friend down the road vho rebuilds em in the back yard. Anymore, when a seller tells me this, I ask to see the shop order or repair parts ticket. This sometimes has a calming effect on the price haggling.

regards George

#19 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 05:08 PM

Actually adds like that are where bargains can be got for sure.These ones have to be gotten cheap as like Dan said could be major internal damage.As for a winch I have a old come along that I use.Its portable hooks onto anything and for the amount I need to use one its fine by me.Larry