• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt O OFFLINE  

Matt O
  • Member No: 28054
  • 119 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 08:33 PM

I got a call from a friend today that his dad was selling his simplicity 7014. I went to go see it today(of coarse I forgot the camera), at first glance, you wouldn't know what it is. the tractor is painted a cranberry red with gold pin stripping everywhere, looks like it was painted some time in the last few years. there is little rust on the tractor but the mower deck is pretty rusty. the engine runs and the transmission works good and all the fluids have been change recently. I looked for a I.D. tag but didn't find one on the tractor but the engine tag is still there. Where would the tractor ID tag have been placed?, maybe I missed it. Overall, the tractor is decent but the paint is far from original. he is asking $600.00 for the tractor with mower deck. what would be a fair price? Thank You

• hamman said thank you

#2 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Is it a 7014S or a 7014H? Does it have an electric lift or manual? My guess only would be a bout $300 - $400. JM2CW and a WAG!  good Luck. Roger.

• Matt O said thank you

#3 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 08:54 PM

seems a little high priced to me, but I am cheap anyway. Those were good garden tractors, the only weak part was the shuttle-shift.  If it goes foward and reverse without making too much noise, goes up hills ok, does ok in reverse, it should be fine.  Parts can be found, kinda rare, kinda high-priced.

• hamman and Matt O have said thanks