Garden Tractor Forums banner

Lead Prices

837 views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Jehtro 
#1 ·
Let you guys know if your planing some lead projects you better be buying it up now. Prices are going to go up they closed the last lead smelter in the U.S. so it will be coming from other countries. Right now the yard I work at buys at 45 cents probably sale for 50 cents a pound. It may take some time to go up or places might start a panic buy to cut off price jump and buy all they can get there hands on sending prices up fast.

#8 ·
My MIL recently sent me a happy B-day card . First one after long hiatus . Her deceased hubby left her enough real stuff to keep me off her porch for a long time .

The price of lead is really going to suck for the E-T 'r s . Maybe time to gas up again .

#9 ·
Lead what cat used to eat in his younger years.....

#10 ·
We've got 1000 1# ingots(spelling?) Several years ago we got 3' of snow. That pretty much shut down everything. All the lead was in tire weight form bought from an old reloader. Dad and I spent several days melting it down. We used a cast iron pot to do the first melt down and get all the big stuff out of it then refined it so to speak in a table top smelter.

#12 ·
How much do you want to bet that will happen? My electrician buddy told me their stealing the copper wire out of live lighting sometimes. The #3 copper and stuff, thats just crazy.

More jobs to China, so they can do it would environmental concerns and pollute the world. If you've got Netflix, watch "death by China" pretty scary stuff.

I thought when everything else went to a foreign country, it got cheaper?

I suppose folks will be sneaking around truck stops, peeling wheel weights off of idling trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.