Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Looks Like Somebody Got In Trouble!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#16 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Teens thing they are unbreakable. When I let Jared crash cars in the field he said he was trying to roll the Windstar. I asked him why, and he said because ti would be fun. I could not convince him that it would probably hurt. So I took him for a ride that had 30 years of experience behind the wheel to put with it. After one lap of the field he hit his head hard on the door frame. Then I jumped the van and he hit his knee on the dash. After that he realized that being upside down wouldn't be all that fun. IT was a bit of a hard lesson but her learned.

When I was a kid I tried to drive responsibly. I had my first car 10 days before I got hit. It wasn't my fault but in TN at the time the inexperienced driver was usually charged. I got a second car and after 3 months I fell asleep driving it (had been up 2  nights working at a church event, got home and slept for an hour and the phone rang and my boss needed me. No one was home to tell me no so I left. )  with no sleep and totaled it. Unbelievably my dad found me a 72 Bonneville with a 455 in it. I never had another at fault wreck.

There is a large difference between having an accident and driving like a maniac. Had I been terrorizing the town my dad would have sent my car to the crusher - probably with me in the trunk.

PS I really don't know if this post made any sense. I am a bit loopy from the pain meds.

Edit: my cars were not just given to me. I worked for my dads alarm company from 8 years old till I graduated from high school for no pay. He bought me the cars as payment.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, November 02, 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#17 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 02:55 PM

The ad was probably fake.

But if a parent is going to be so upset over there child taking advantage of a car handed to them. The parent should probably tell the child to get a job and buy there own car.

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 05:44 PM

My son lost his car, but it was for underage drinking and driving. I warned him the first two times and grounded him for a month. Threatened to get rid of it. The third time I sold it. I guess he didn't think I meant it. Oh, and I sicked the cops on the tavern owner and he lost his license for a year.

#19 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,572 Thanks
  • 3,956 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 08:59 PM

But if a parent is going to be so upset over there child taking advantage of a car handed to them. The parent should probably tell the child to get a job and buy there own car.

That is what my dad told me and my brothers. But he was there to cosign our loans at the bank. The only threat he made was if he has to make a payment, dont expect to drive it.