21 replies to this topic

#16 cityboy2977 OFFLINE  

cityboy2977

ordinary average guy

• Member No: 6650
  • 117 Thanks
  • 179 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 07:39 AM

VTX, if i were 50 miles closer to it, that machine would have been on my trailer instead of yours. i love the paint the kid slapped on there...lol.

so did ya get 'er to move Bill ?

#17 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 11:34 AM

VTX, if i were 50 miles closer to it, that machine would have been on my trailer instead of yours. i love the paint the kid slapped on there...lol.

so did ya get 'er to move Bill ?

It was a long, wet drive. The young fella that owned it had the parts scattered all over the back yard. The red and white paint was applied with a rag I think. I could see the engine was no good so no, it will not run. For $130 I did get a good load. I have been disassembling it Saturday and today. The motor is junk, but did save the tins and head and small parts and points set. 

The steering and linkages are shot. Seat rusted through. Cracked rear frame. Nothing was ever greased so it is in very worn condition.

The front spindles and axle are not good and that is what I have been looking for. The studs are gone and the left axle hole is oveled out. That side hub bearings were completely gone and the kid drove it like that. 

Good parts are the rear hubs and wheels, no hydraulic leaks apparent, good battery, 3 bolt front wheels and the rears hold air, body tins are not too bad. The mower deck has a frozen middle spindle but all else looks ok, The 54" plow is usable. The plastic dash housing is undamaged, amazing.

Over all, $130 worth.

Edited by VTXrider, November 03, 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#18 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Rider, I have some hubs/spindles from those tractors. Three bolt wheel set-ups. One set was welded repaired one side, but think other is good shape. Have couple wheels too. Any interest?  I can did out and take pix of what I have and make me an offer on things you have interest in?  Think one set of bushings is only plastic on those??  Send me a PM

#19 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Rider, I have some hubs/spindles from those tractors. Three bolt wheel set-ups. One set was welded repaired one side, but think other is good shape. Have couple wheels too. Any interest?  I can did out and take pix of what I have and make me an offer on things you have interest in?  Think one set of bushings is only plastic on those??  Send me a PM

Not sure what you mean by plastic bushings. They are on the later model style slide-on wheels. The old style 3 bolt hubs have an inner and outer ball bearing in the hub. 

I am looking for the hubs and spindles. Where is the repair made on the spindle, the hub side or the inside curve of the spindle?

#20 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:46 AM

VTX, you might be right, have both kinds, duh!  I have hubs with bearings. I will get them out and take a pix and see if they are what you had in mind.

#21 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 05:11 PM

OK, Rider, here's is some not so great pix of the parts. I had two better spindles, BUT wiere 1" axles and plastic bushings, so not what you wanted.  These spindles are fair, the one with steering arm on it has been repaired with a lay-over and underneath with add-on piece. Tried to get pix of that, but not so good with my camera. Hubs are on those spindles. I also have another set of hubs and two wheels/no tires. If any interest, PM me here and we can talk. I'm open to offers. Sorry the spindles weren't better.

Attached Thumbnails

• Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 005.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 006.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 007.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 008.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 009.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 001.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 002.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 003.jpg
  • Zeee Hubs and spindles MTD 2013-11-06 004.jpg

#22 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 04:28 PM

OK, Rider, here's is some not so great pix of the parts. I had two better spindles, BUT wiere 1" axles and plastic bushings, so not what you wanted.  These spindles are fair, the one with steering arm on it has been repaired with a lay-over and underneath with add-on piece. Tried to get pix of that, but not so good with my camera. Hubs are on those spindles. I also have another set of hubs and two wheels/no tires. If any interest, PM me here and we can talk. I'm open to offers. Sorry the spindles weren't better.

Thanks for posting these GL. I lost my internet connection last week (DSL modem) so I could not respond.

They do look usable. I will see how  the repair goes on my parts. Someone may take you up on those parts.

I have been working on the front end parts from the new parts tractor and they might  be salvaged. New ball joints and rod ends. Had a friend do some lathe work on the hubs to allow new bearings to fit. The damaged spindle will have the cuts filled with high strength epoxy. I ground the press welded lugs out and tacked in some bolts.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image00001.jpg