• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 12:38 AM

A few pics of the latest toy                                                                                                                                                                                               SEAT PAN 008.JPG                                                                                                   SEAT PAN 005.JPG                                                                                                      Just got a 2007 Road King for a song, is it April yet?   What do you think of the color ? paint it or leave it the stock color  

Attached Thumbnails

• SEAT PAN 006.JPG

• Alc, hamman, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 02:11 AM

Nice looking bike! If it were mine I'd change out the wheels for something chrome or aluminum. The color is different (not the usual colors you see) which I think is cool!

• oldedeeres, JRJ and T Guiles have said thanks

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 05:33 AM

I agree with Nate ,the color is different and makes it stand out in a crowd , good luck and BE CARFUL !!!! 

• JRJ and T Guiles have said thanks

#4 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 06:17 AM

Very nice Chevelle in the background.

• hamman and T Guiles have said thanks

#5 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 07:14 AM

Road Kings are my favorite bike.  I am a fan of stock so I would have to leave it.

You are going to get used to that windshield real quick.  I had one on my Sporty and wouldn't want to be without one after that.

Edited by robert_p43, October 30, 2013 - 07:16 AM.

• oldedeeres, JRJ and T Guiles have said thanks

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Nice bike! I like the color as it is. Careful riding out there. I'm excited for spring also to do a little riding on my bike. Good Luck. Roger.

• T Guiles said thank you

#7 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Not a color I'd choose from purchasing a brand new bike but I kinda like it and would leave it as-is.  

Now the '72 Chevelle needs a coat of bright red paint!  :thumbs:

• JDBrian and T Guiles have said thanks

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Not a color I'd choose from purchasing a brand new bike but I kinda like it and would leave it as-is.  

Now the '72 Chevelle needs a coat of bright red paint!  :thumbs:

I think the colour looks good. For the chevelle I like the bright Blue that they used in earlier years. I'm not sure it was a stock colour in 72.

• Gtractor and T Guiles have said thanks

#9 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thanks to all, that color is really growing on me. My velle is a real ss, small block car, odd think about it is it's an auto on the collum.  I've owned it off and on since 1989. I'm the 3rd, 5th, and 7th owner...... that's a story in it's self Thanks again

• Gtractor and hamman have said thanks

#10 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think the colour looks good.  For the chevelle I like the bright Blue that they used in earlier years. I'm not sure it was a stock colour in 72.

Dad has a blue '72 Malibu.  This is one the same color I found on the net - although this pic is of a ragtop.  

I owned a '70 Malibu Sport Coupe for 15 years and when I redid it I painted it 1980 Chevy LUV red.  It had a black vinyl top and black interior. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 26a.jpg

Edited by Gtractor, October 30, 2013 - 12:25 PM.

• JDBrian, sacsr, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 04:45 PM

Dad has a blue '72 Malibu.  This is one the same color I found on the net - although this pic is of a ragtop.  

I owned a '70 Malibu Sport Coupe for 15 years and when I redid it I painted it 1980 Chevy LUV red.  It had a black vinyl top and black interior. 

Sweet! 

#12 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 08:54 PM

My velle is a real ss, small block car, odd think about it is it's an auto on the collum.  I've owned it off and on since 1989. I'm the 3rd, 5th, and 7th owner...... that's a story in it's self Thanks again

we are waiting for the story now :tapping_fingers:  :tapping_fingers:  :tapping_fingers:

• oldedeeres and T Guiles have said thanks

#13 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 11:23 PM

All right , here we go. When I first got out of my short stint in Fort Dix N.J. " I was in the Air force and had to go there for some Army training "  I came home on leave and really needed a car to get to my base. My oldest brother had bought it off the original owner and with a little dealing he parted with it for 2500 bucks. I was prouder than could be of my new ride... Third owner....Drove the car from Maine to home in New York, weather allowing , to court my high school sweat heart and see my mom and family. Mom loved my velle and when I came home could always find a reason to go for a ride in it. Wasn't long before I was married and the wife deemed I become an adult and get a car that was more reasonable on gas. I did the good husband thing and went and traded it in on a 1983 Jetta. I then went to see my mom with the new hot rod and soon as I saw her face I knew I was in DEEP trouble, Mom said let's go for a ride when I asked her where to she said " where ever you bought this".........The dealer had his hand's full because mom wasn't leaving with out my velle and he had people already looking at it. .....She ended up buying it back, I have never been so fearful for someone's life as I was for that poor dealer. She took out a loan for the car and we took it home the deal was I could have it back when I had paid her back...... this ones kind of open but I count it as the 5th...After I got out and paid her back life was going well, new house , kid's, then breast cancer. I'd take mom to get her treatments in the velle and she'd smile all the way there. After she passed away, with a failing marriage and the need to cover legal cost a friend offer to buy the car so off it went again, I was never so torn up as I was to sell something in my life. As I got back on my feet and started doing well  I stopped by my buddies house to see how he was doing and he asked me when I wanted my car back. He put it on the road, drove it to is house and put it in the garage and never drove it........7th owner...... Well now she's home with me and they will bury me in that car, I'm really blessed to be around so many great people, willing to help people when they are really down. Great friends and family.Thank's for letting me share my story and hope it didn't bore you too bad.    Todd   

• Gtractor, HowardsMF155, MFDAC and 4 others have said thanks

#14 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 11:04 PM

It's nice to know there's still "real people" out there, Todd, and you're one of them. Thanks for sharing.

#15 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 05:53 AM

I'm another vote for the color it is now,I can't say that I've seen that color before and I really like it,while we're talking bikes I like the color combo on your other bike as well,to me yellow and white just go together! Nice pair of bikes! :thumbs: