#16 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:22 AM

I've dealt with the Vertigo for some years now also, my first episode was in 2001 when I had to have wife call the ambulance to take me, I was bent over the commode for an hour I was so dizzy. Ended up I had a really bad ear infection messing with my inner ear, but since then, I've had small bouts with vertigo that comes and goes. I never thought it maybe due to caffiene. I know I have to be very conscience of not getting up from a squat or when I'm bended over or I get dizzy immediately. I've got hearing loss too even though they say I test fine, but I had ear infection and my ear drum burst when I was only 7. There are some tones cannot hear and I find myself turninig my head sometimes to use my left ear. 

My mom says she has been dealing with Meniere's for years, I just think she is dizzy in the head hahaha.

• olcowhand, MH81, chris m and 3 others have said thanks

#17 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Before I went out on my own in construction I worked for ten years at the largest food distribution company in our tri state area. Each flavor of coffee has it's own blend of many types from all over the world. Being a coffee drinker then & now I have always wondered if we really know what we are drinking.

• olcowhand, MH81, chris m and 3 others have said thanks

#18 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:54 PM

I've never heard of this but have heard of Verdigo.  I need to look this up.  So, how do you feel about having to cut back on the coffee?  Not only am I a coffee feind, I like it to boot.  I am happy that your hearing is improving!

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 02:30 PM

I've never heard of this but have heard of Verdigo.  I need to look this up.  So, how do you feel about having to cut back on the coffee?  Not only am I a coffee feind, I like it to boot.  I am happy that your hearing is improving!

Not to jump ahead of Alan, but to give you feedback from another who has given up caffeine, I have been 5 days without regular coffee.  Just decaf & gave up my caffeinated soft drinks as well.  My issue was heart palpitations, and they have receded greatly.  I am able to work a full day again and able to smile.  Not that hard to switch to decaf coffee.  To me, it tastes just as good, just I can't get the fancy chocolate flavors I crave in decaf.  But when you feel as rough as Alan & I have been feeling, it's not a sacrifice....it's a true gain!

• MH81, IamSherwood, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#20 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Alan, this is a very interesting thread! And I am glad your hearing is improving!

My first case of Virtigo was a few years ago, It hit me while I was on 95 passing someone in the high speed lane. I still have no clue how I didn't hit anyone or thing! But I did manage to get to the side of the highway and I had to sit there for over 30 minutes till I could continue on. That had to be the scariest feeling I have ever had before!

When I finally got to the doc's he said because of the Lyme Disease I have, and all my symptoms that it (lyme)was attacking my central nervous system.

My problem was I had Lyme for months and didn't know. So now nothing will get rid of it. Lyme Bacteria is smart It can detect the Antibiotics and will hide in places the Antibiotics can't go, like organs and soft tissue, They also found the Bacteria will hide up to a year before it decides to come out of hiding and move around your body again. :wallbanging:

My problem now is that any time I get new symptoms or health problems it is always blamed on the Lyme. But I think I will try giving up Coffee to see if it helps, heck it can't hurt. And being that I quit smoking (5 weeks now) I think I can handle caffeine withdrawals! :D 

Good luck, and I will hope and pray for your continued improvement! 

• olcowhand, powerking56, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 06:16 PM

I am doing ok with the Decaf. Cut way down on chocolate, once in a great while, I have a candy bar... Trying to turn it into stuff like Paydays or pretzels

#22 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 06:27 PM

You know, just a few days ago, I heard a tv report that said drinking 3 cups a day protected women from some form of cancer. I hope we all don't panic about this. Just be moderate.

Edited by LilysDad, October 30, 2013 - 06:27 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 06:36 PM

You know, just a few days ago, I heard a tv report that said drinking 3 cups a day protected women from some form of cancer. I hope we all don't panic about this. Just be moderate.

I absolutely could not agree more. I have been ingesting massive amounts of caffeine for years and it had this effect on me.

In moderation, I probably wouldn't ever had the issues. I am mentioning it so that people can cut back if they are coffee junkies and feel they need to or if they have some of the symptoms I have and are looking for possible answers.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#24 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sorry to hear of this, everybody's  got something.

As far as coffee goes I was 10 to 12 cups a day, now down to 2 or 3.

Too much of 1 thing is no good, everything in moderation.

• MH81, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#25 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sorry to hear what you are going thru Alan.  Glad you are on the mend though and I can relate to the tinnitus as I have it in my left ear.  We are good to talk to each other at plowdays then.  LOL!!!!

• MH81 said thank you

#26 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Oh, and one more thing. I have tinnitus and I can still hear the voices!

• MH81 said thank you

#27 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 08:08 PM

That would be scary. I hope all goes well.

Losing your hearing would be scary

Giving up something for your health is smart even if it is hard

Edited by toomanytoys84, October 30, 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#28 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,480 Thanks
  • 5,011 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Alan:

I'm sure glad you weren't piloting an airplane when that hit. Would have been a deadly combination. Good luck to you.

#29 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Oh, and one more thing. I have tinnitus and I can still hear the voices!

I hear voices too, but it has nothing to do with my hearing  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:

#30 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yours would go away if you stayed out in the garage. :thumbs:

• MH81, oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks