massey snapper 1650 mowing mower rototiller 1850

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ENafziger OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45112
  • 253 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, it looks like a deal I made fell through...so, up for sale is a pristine mowing deck for  a Massey or Snapper 1650.  It may work on others as well, but it is made to be belt driven off of a mule drive.

I purchased the deck in good shape.  At the time, I had planned on keeping the deck forever, so I tore it completely down.  I drilled and tapped the spindles for grease fittings.  I installed all new Made in the USA and Made in Germany bearings and seals.  New nuts were welded on the inside of the deck, and all fasteners were replaced.  I primered everything with metal etching primer before painting.  I replaced the timing belts, and adjusted spring tension per factory specs; the blades were sharpened as well.  The pulley covers include new grip tape for slip resistance when stepping on them.

It's not pictured, but I also bought a brand new Kevlar drive belt that goes with this deck, and I have a mule drive unit that will go with it as well.  I have the part numbers of all the bearings and seals that I used for reference for the future owner.  All the linkages are there to install this on your tractor.  The plastic cogged pulleys appeared to be in good shape.  I used a liberal amount of anti-sieze on all fasteners in case this needs rebuilt again in 40 years.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find another deck in this good of shape.

Ideally, I'd like to trade this for a 48" rototiller for a Massey 1855.  Alternatively, I'm asking $450 for the restored deck, mule drive, and belt.  Located in Knoxville, TN.

#2 ENafziger OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45112
  • 253 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted December 03, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Price drop... $380.  Not making any money on this one :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, massey, snapper, 1650, mowing, mower, rototiller, 1850