#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:59 PM

.......but we brought home some new items today. My wifes very good girlfriend, who she worked with at State Police dispatch, is moving to Washington State to become a Police, Fire and EMS dispatcher out there. She will be moving the first of December. She had a Troybuilt pony 42" cut 17.5hp LT that the movers woun't ship for her just because they don't have a ramp to run it up on and off the truck with?????? Nor would they take her garden wagon. She had already given us a Craftsman chipper vac and a high wheel walk behind mower. She also wanted me to take her 1994 Kawasaki Vulcan 750cc mtorcycle. She had offered it to other people but no one wanted it and she didn't want to have to pay to have it shipped. After some hesitation and discussion between the wife, I and her we came to an agreement that we would purchase them with her saying that minmum payment was expected when we could. I have always wanted another Motorcycle after giving up riding over 20 yrs ago. I know this one was kept up well and serviced reguarly.

Went there today and picked the LT  and motorcycle up. Have to go back later when we go out to eat to get the lawn cart.

She is more like a daughter to us and if you can understand like a sister to my wife. My wife was the one she trained with when she came to work there 9 years ago. Jus an sweetheart of a girl who has a heart of gold and wonderful outlook on life.  

Here are a few pics of what we brought home today. DSCF5756.JPG DSCF5796.JPG DSCF5795.JPG DSCF5755.JPG DSCF5773.JPG DSCF5783.JPG DSCF5788.JPG

Thanks. Roger.

• MH81, Alc, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Cool that you are trying to help her out. I would only caution about the "pay as we can" thing and maybe get it in writing.

I know, I know, she is like family, but still it would cover all your posteriors.

I like that bike, that is the style I  would want to buy.

• hamman said thank you

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 04:44 PM

My brother has a 750 Vulcan & loves it.  He wore out a brand new Vulcan 700 several years ago, then bought a brand new 750.  Both have been very reliable.  He's put a couple hundred thousand miles between the pair of them, and never left stranded except for his own fault by running a well worn drive chain too long.  It snapped & wrapped around his drive sprocket & busted his tranny case.

• hamman and adamjd200 have said thanks

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,618 Thanks
  • 7,662 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 05:03 PM

I can't believe she couldn't find a mover with a ramp, but that's her decision. Lucky you.

• hamman said thank you

#5 InfernoTim OFFLINE  

InfernoTim
  • Member No: 49144
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 05:18 PM

Nice pick ups. I was looking for a bike like that a few years ago when I picked mine up. The 750s are a great running bike and I have no complaints about them.

• hamman said thank you

#6 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Wow!! Just remember when you're on the bike, the ground comes up a lot faster than it did 20 years ago, lol.

• hamman and Delmar have said thanks