• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • Member No: 49072
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:11 PM

I don't get fancy and name 'em.  But this is how I keep 'em all in line.  Here are the pics. :thumbs:  As you can see, JD2 and 3 are waiting their turn.  JD2 is on the left.and it runs real good but needs a few more parts.  JD3 is the 71 Hydraulic lift.  It's the worst of the three.  I'll have to re-drill the head 'cause some yahoo took a big man wrench to the plug before I got it.  Oh well.  I did the graphite and the variator does move a whole lot easier.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll heat the deck up when I get back to the garage.  My easy chair is clammering for attention.

Attached Thumbnails

• JD1.jpg
  • JD 2-3.jpg
  • JD1 Pulley Shaft Worn.jpg

#2 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 4,039 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:31 PM

there's a lot of work waiting for you. but I'm interested in the result. welcome to GTT

• LBrush said thank you

#3 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Thank You for comment.  I'm trying, as time lets me, to get to all three.  I'll be posting pics as I go as I see y'all like pics.

#4 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi guys.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Fantastic forum.  Got JD1 running and mowing real good.  I have a few bumps in the yard.  The engine wants to quit when I hit 'em but because of the inertia it catches again.  I have set the float to a little bit higher level in the float bowl.  It still does it.  With all that wire, does anyone know which one could be the loose culprit for a fast fix or is it best just to do a thorough ohm and clean?  Ya'll sure gave some good advise on using graphite to fix the variator problem and I changed the main deck pulley fairly easily.  You guys are the best and have become my number one go to on the problems of the Deere 110. 

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,133 Thanks
  • 9,114 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 02:14 PM

It is the engine lugging or near stalling because it's getting jostled or because the blades are hitting the high spots? If it's lugging down because of the load on the engine, check, clean, and re-gap the points.

• LBrush said thank you

#6 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 09:21 PM

no, its not hitting anything.  it's when it's bouncing.  This thing has more torque than my twin cylinder 20hp Briggs powered machine.  This JD has torque coming out it's ears.

#7 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 09:24 PM

and it's not lugging at all.  This is my first JD.  I'm very impressed at it's torque.  This one cylinder kicks that two cylinder engine's butt in all catagories.

#8 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Well, the work on JD2 has started.  I have to keep JD1 on the job for right now.  Have a lot of leaves to pick up around here.  I live in the woods.  I pull a Brinly self powered leaf vac.  Saves a lot on the back.  Here are some start-up pics of JD2.  JD3 is just lazin' in the lean-to. :sleep_sign:

IMG_20131104_110326_069.jpg

IMG_20131104_110435_603.jpg

IMG_20131104_110446_808.jpg

IMG_20131104_145528_679.jpg

#9 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 05:30 PM

I found the problem with the engine cutting out on bumps.  I swapped carbs. with another tractor cause JD1 had a chip out of the carb. pedestal.  Air was getting into the venturi through the chip.  Once I swapped carbs., no more problems.  Just pure JD power.  Also the variator is working just fine.  I put graphite on it, then adjusted it per one of the threads.  I've ordered some deck bearings and that will be another learning experience.  Thanks for all the help.

#10 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone have any idea on where to get the bolts to the deck pulleys?  I'm sure to break a few.  I've ordered a lot of parts from HAPCO.  Really good place for hard to come-by parts.  Bearings came in today.  Will be doing the deck next week as time permits.  Thanks again for all the help.