With a bit of ingenuity, it's amazing how long you can go without new parts.
I hope so. After building the unit, and then tearing it down to replace the transaxle, I got it all put together, and tested the new setup.
Everything worked as expected. Forward reverse left right, and no noticeable whine.
I left it parked with the ripper in the up position to test the system.
After about a week I found a puddle, the rear lift cylinder and/or its related system need immediate service.
I'm betting it's the rod seal on the cylinder.
I'm not happy about that.
It means either tearing it down far enough to get the lift cylinder out, rebuild it, and put it back in. OR,
bypass it, buy another 100 dollar cylinder, plus hoses, and use the valve to run a directly mounted cylinder, making the original rear lift extra weight.
Plan C, involves leaving it the way it is since it won't leak until I use the rear lift. I can still push anything I need, and could still rip, so long as I keep an eye on the levels.
the B*tch is, oil costs money, and causes damage when it leaks into the dirt.
Edited by Chopperhed, December 25, 2015 - 09:56 PM.