• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • Member No: 49072
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:28 PM

First time post.  I have a '74 110.  I just inherited it from my father-in-law who knows I like working on things like this.  I finally got it running great.  A few parts and a bit lighter on skin, but nice ride.  The variator is moving but it's like the rear spring is too much as it keeps going into slow mode by itself.  Also the 46" deck's main pulley needs to be replaced.  I pulled out the roll pin and the shaft won't budge.  Is it threaded?  Or do I have to put more elbow grease to it.  I have two more 110's.  A '71 hydraulic lift and a '73.  All are 10hp Kohlers.  Just some basic knowledge about JD's right now, but I do want to know a whole lot more.  Any help would be fantastic.  Thanks to all who post in this forum.  I've been reading and learning a lot so far but my specific problems haven't come up yet.  Thank You in advance.

• MH81, jd.rasentrac and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hello there and welcome! :wave:

• LBrush said thank you

#3 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:53 PM

on the variator - have you put some graphic on it - it help the center section slide back and forth

for the main drive pulley

some heat it up - I like using PB Blast for a few days - then I use my air hammer to drive it out

once you got it clean the rust off  and put a little grease on both the new bearing and the housing for the bearing

Deere states to replace it around 500 hours - yes they do last longer then that

with grease or it - it helps the next time you have to replace the deck's main drive bearing

you will learn a lot from the forums here 

there are a lot of great people here that like to help

and we would like to see some pictures of the JDs

we like pictures

• LBrush said thank you

#4 LBrush OFFLINE  

LBrush
  • Member No: 49072
  • 19 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Thank You sir.  I found this info very useful and it did the trick.  I'll be posting pics as I go 'cause I know y'all like the pics.