• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,761 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 02:44 PM

The new road salt is highly corrossive. It works to lower temps so it is a better short term solution(pardon the pun). In the long term it will stimulate new car sales. Good Luck, Rick
  • farmerall and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 02:49 PM

As per the brake lines. I had new ones put on my 02 ranger last year almost every bend was rotted. The shop used some copper alloy line which will probably outlast the truck. He told me he is seeing vehicles coming in 3 or 4 years old with rust issues. Out here they spray roads before it snows and they like there road salt. So i make it a point now to really wash the undersides as much as i can

When I had to replace the lines on my car I used the copper alloy lines too. It comes in a roll and is very easy to work with compared to steel lines.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#18 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 05:39 PM

Just wanted to give everyone another small update on the truck project. I haven't been able to work on it much for a while now because of the cold and school. Today however I did but a few parts for it. First I bought a near perfect set off front fenders for $40. One has some surface rust but it will easily cleanup. Next I also found a nice bed to replace the current one that is suffering from a severe case of rust. For the price I can't say  no. He told me $60 but I'll give him somewhere around 80-100 since he is willing to hold it for me for about a month. Overall I am very happy to find these parts and now the truck will be multicolored lol.

Attached Thumbnails

• P03-29-14_16.31.jpg
  • P03-29-14_15.57.jpg

#19 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 07:08 PM

Sounds like your two thirds of the way to a new truck!
  • farmerall said thank you