• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 youngrobert2008 OFFLINE  

youngrobert2008
  • Member No: 71887
  • 4 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 10:02 PM

I hope you guys continue to save these types of rare tractors.  This one needed work that is for sure.  But, we like a challenge around here.

We saved this from the scrapyard.  The cultivators were already cutoff and disposed of.

Since my son has an A.C.-G, we thought it would be a good edition to our collection.  Their rarity, rear engine design and the front end suspension configuration make it a keeper. Plus, our Page needed a sidekick.

I have been trying to do research on this one. Only about 1000 Grand Haven's were produced.

From what I gather the BC's are 4 wheeled and the CC-3's were a tricycle design. I have never seen one of those.  If you have a photo please post it. 

If anyone knows what models were produced and the numbering of them please list them here.

BC and the CC-3 are the only models of I know of.

We think this ours is a 1948 model from the information we currently have on this tractor.  The BCs were only made from 1946-48.  Since the serial number is high I figure it is from the last year.

With the manufactured number being so low it is no wonder you haven't seen many of them.  We didn't realize just how rare they were when we bought it.

If anyone has any history, stories or pictures please post it here.  I always want to learn more about our projects.

Thanks for you interest and your comments.

DB1

My dad has 3 AA with the Model A rear end

• MH81 and DB1 have said thanks

#17 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted June 30, 2015 - 08:59 PM

My dad has a tricycle grand haven next time I am up to see him I will get some pics.
  • MH81, Alc and DB1 have said thanks

#18 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

Tbrooks
  • Member No: 61764
  • 405 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted September 15, 2015 - 07:33 PM

image.jpg Here is dad's tricycle, patiently waiting for it's turn in the shop. The engine is removed and being rebuilt, and a new clutch has been purchased. It will be going in the shop as soon as his gibson super D2 and lawn all tractors are finished. Hopefully this one will be ready for next years show season.
  • DougT, Alc, oldiron1 and 1 other said thanks