12 replies to this topic

#1 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:01 PM

Is anyone else excited about the new season of Axe men coming on tonite?

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 13,918 Thanks
  • 17,710 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:07 PM

I never watched a complete episode but I did catch bits and pieces of some of them.
I'm more of a Pawn Stars, American pickers, Deadliest catch Kind of guy LOL

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,292 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:12 PM

I am not sure if I seen any episodes or not. I know I have heard the name of the show and I think I have watched it before but I hardly ever watch tv.

#4 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:16 PM

I love axe men swamp people american pickers

#5 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,441 Thanks
  • 2,138 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:17 PM

I never watched a complete episode but I did catch bits and pieces of some of them.
I'm more of a Pawn Stars, American pickers, Deadliest catch Kind of guy LOL

:ditto:

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,440 Thanks
  • 29,546 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:24 PM

I watched Pawn Stars for a while, but it's gotten too much like American Chopper.

American Pickers is cool, but they are doing themselves (and collectors everywhere) a disservice by showing how much they are making. Once again facilitating the notion that everything is worth a million dollars.

#7 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 677 Thanks
  • 846 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 09:07 PM

I've only seen a couple of episodes of "Pickers" but in one they walked right by 2 nice looking Bolens tractors and in the other they met with an old guy sitting on a big-wheel Case. At least they don't have their priorities straight for the rest of us.

#8 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 09:27 PM

I watched Pawn Stars for a while, but it's gotten too much like American Chopper.

American Pickers is cool, but they are doing themselves (and collectors everywhere) a disservice by showing how much they are making. Once again facilitating the notion that everything is worth a million dollars.

I agree with MH81 on this one, I think by showing an appraised value, people get the idea that all their junk is valuable. Most of the time, the high price items are appraised in a certain market, a market that the normal person does not operate in.

#9 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,036 Thanks
  • 4,456 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 10:54 PM

I like Ax Men. Looks like they are really increasing the showboating this year. I didn't think they could do any more but they musta raised the bar! I wonder if the dump truck tipping was staged? I never rolled a dump but one time I was overloaded by about 8 tons and was so careful taking off and not breaking an axle or tearing up anything. I made it to the dump site safely and was so releived - I hit the PTO and up the bed went but I forgot to unlatch the tailgate and when all that weight got behind the rear axle, I stood the truck right up on its tailgate!! Man it looked like a long way down from the cab! A co-worker was right there with a large wheel loader and I had him climb up the bed to release the tailgate and dig his bucket under the tailgate and lift . It sat down rather easy. I got lucky as there was no damage whatsoever and no wrecker bill. I haven't done that again ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ yet.

#10 illinoismf OFFLINE  

illinoismf

• Member No: 1342
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:15 PM

i seen the episode of the father and son collecting logs underwater and the boat got a leak,,a had to load it real fast....... i don't understand if he gets paid so much for those logs why don't he spend it on some better equipment....and hire someone , his son is not so bright...

#11 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 274 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:21 AM

I dvr it and watch it as I have time.

#12 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 37,710 Thanks
  • 30,338 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:25 AM

i seen the episode of the father and son collecting logs underwater and the boat got a leak,,a had to load it real fast....... i don't understand if he gets paid so much for those logs why don't he spend it on some better equipment....and hire someone , his son is not so bright...

With a dad like that, the boy came out better than I'd expect.

#13 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 10:06 AM

I wonder if the dump truck tipping was staged? I never rolled a dump but one time I was overloaded by about 8 tons and was so careful taking off and not breaking an axle or tearing up anything. I made it to the dump site safely and was so releived - I hit the PTO and up the bed went but I forgot to unlatch the tailgate and when all that weight got behind the rear axle, I stood the truck right up on its tailgate!! Man it looked like a long way down from the cab! A co-worker was right there with a large wheel loader and I had him climb up the bed to release the tailgate and dig his bucket under the tailgate and lift . It sat down rather easy. I got lucky as there was no damage whatsoever and no wrecker bill. I haven't done that again ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ yet.

I saw a guy do giant wheelies several times spreading gravel with the tailgate chained. He'd be stretched right out the window holding the rope and when he couldn't stretch any more, he'd pop the clutch and yank the rope. He could have put his front axle in the box of another truck. Never saw him make a hard landing, always gentle as the gravel leaked out. Impressive!