Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

4 Jd Patios For Sell At Auction Plus Other Deere Gts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 08:56 PM

I already know OB hasn't driven a JD430.  I'm a red tractor guy, and I have no problem singing praises for the 430's!

#32 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Guys lets stop stateing what things should cost I would like to buy more Bolens befor I tern 24! 

I am a Bolens guy 100% but Deere made some very good tractors.  

1 guy over pays 5 more will over pay then 25 will over pay and I just sit here and shake my head....

The first 3 1886s I got when I stated buying I we no more then $600 for and all 3 needed work to make them the workers I have today.

#33 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:36 PM

I already know OB hasn't driven a JD430.  I'm a red tractor guy, and I have no problem singing praises for the 430's!

I was plowing behind a 400 something deere two years ago I seen what they can do!  My little 9inch plow on the ridemaster was nothing to that 25 year newer Deere with a 12inch I can tell you that.

#34 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have absolutely nothing against Deere equipment of any type.

In fact the JD 750 that I put easily over 100 hrs. on, impressed me as much or more than any tractor that I've operated over lo these many years. It was/is a danged fine piece of equipment.  I haven't run a 318, or 420, but I have no doubt that they are fine tractors as well.  However, they aren't superior to everything else on the planet either.

I just think that Deere equipment is over hyped, over priced, and way too many people that don't know anything about any other brand than Deere, have this blind faith that anything other than a Deere is junk, and won't hesitate to tell you that your 'other brand' is junk, when you and I know danged well that isn't the case.

I know that not all Deere owners are like that, but there are way, way too many that are, and that's what I take issue with, not the Deere equipment itself.

#35 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 06:38 AM

I have encountered this very discussion in may different forums talking about many different things.  Everything from the Apple/Windoze debate to the great Bach/Conn trombone debate to the Ford/Chevy/Dodge debate.  User attitude is so much of the issue and not the product.

As for this great debate?  That is stupid money for some old garden tractors, I don't care what brand...

#36 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,696 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 07:19 AM

I don't want to sound like a broken record but most of the craziness in prices, I strongly believe comes from all the lovely "Whats it worth" threads.

We really have no one to blame but ourselves.

#37 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 07:29 AM

I don't want to sound like a broken record but most of the craziness in prices, I strongly believe comes from all the lovely "Whats it worth" threads.

Doc, you said a mouthful there. I totally agree!

#38 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm a firm believer in my signature line... "good tractors come in many colors".  What they bring is all up to the buyer.  Me...I do NOT have deep pockets, so I won't be driving up prices, that's for sure!

#39 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,212 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 04, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Silence is golden when it comes to this stuff. 

#40 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 12:39 AM

http://gardentractor...on/#entry380906

here is the auction for the 4 patios