OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'll actually be going to Grafton, Il, but St. Louis is the closest big city that everyone will recognize.

Jerome, and his dad got here around noon, and we got all of his 'goodies' stowed away on their truck.  Then, they were kind enough to help me get that monster sized snowcaster off the trailer so I could get it moved to it's temporary resting place. After that, we got the 1886 off the trailer and towed to it's temporary spot.

I sent Jerome home with a little 'present' as well.  I had 4 big binders of Bolens Engineering notes that I picked up when I was getting the Dual Wheel Kit in Wisconsin.  He's more into that sort of stuff and I'm sure that he will make better use of it than I will.

Anyway, after they left, I got busy and loaded up the trailer for the trip.  I have the HDT1000, my 3-pt plow, a 3-pt plow that I'm selling, and a hydro angle snowblade that I'm using in a trade.  All I'll have to do tomorrow is get it hooked up to the HMS Rainmaker, and then set sail for Cincinnati where we are picking up our sons as they are going with us.

Our next stop will be in Richmond, In to drop off the 3-pt, then it's off to Grafton, Il for the Earthcavator.  Then we will go back to Cincinnati to drop off the kids.  After that it's off to Pataskala, Oh for the plow day on Saturday, followed by a short jaunt to the Zanesville area on Sunday to swap the snow blade for the Whirly Rake.

After that's it's, back home.  Gonna be a busy week!

Just so I don't get any 'warning points', here's the trailer all loaded up and ready to go :D :D :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4813.JPG
  • 100_4814.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, October 27, 2013 - 02:59 PM.

• MH81, hamman, CRFarnsworth and 3 others have said thanks

#2 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,634 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 03:08 PM

I assume you will be taking I-70.    When you cross into Illinois and get to Il. rte 1 by Marshall Il.,   look to the north and wave.   That guy 70 miles north waving back will be me.  :D        Rick

• JRJ said thank you

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 03:49 PM

O.B you are now in my old stomping grounds in Illinois, I was raised and lived in Alton, Illinois most of my life, after you go north out of Alton headed towards Grafton you will be going on what we called the River Road. I always thought that section of the road with the bluffs on the East side was so pretty. Drive safely and have a good trip no matter which route you take.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, October 27, 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,679 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 03:50 PM

How's the trailer holing up? Still happy with it?

I still have not found new as cheap as you got yours. I've seen several used ones for more than what you paid, as a matter of fact.
  • JRJ said thank you

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Trailer is holding up just fine. I did some checking before I bought it, and PJ has a very good reputation.

The only thing that I really wish it had was some good tie down points.  I think I'll add some.

The price was due to the fact that it was a left over from the year before. Also, the dealer wanted to clear out the 'older' trailers so he wouldn't have to pay OH taxes on them.

• JRJ said thank you

#6 Bigdaddydon ONLINE  

Bigdaddydon

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 75 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 12:39 PM

FYI they are calling for rain on Tuesday in the St Louis area..

Edited by Bigdaddydon, October 28, 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#7 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Sitting in a Bar....

parking lot that is :D :D  :D

Camped out overnight at the bar that a good friend of mine owns. 

It's COLD as the propane ran out last night, and the only heat is from the 'fireplace' that the wife had me put in here.

It's supposed to warm up pretty good today, and I'll be passing a Flying J not long after I drop off the 3-pt and I can fill up the propane tank there.

Once we get rolling the engine heat can keep the driver/passenger area comfy so it shouldn't be too bad.

Fireplace and 'accessory' :D :D :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1406.JPG
  • 100_1409.JPG

Edited by OldBuzzard, October 29, 2013 - 11:37 AM.

• JRJ said thank you

#8 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Those accessories seem to be frequently found near heat sources!  Our two lay on top of the warm air registers pretty much all winter.

• JRJ said thank you

#9 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yep, you can depend on a cat finding the warmest place in the winter, and the coolest place in the summer :D :D :D

Oh, something I forgot to post earlier.

We stopped in a Flying J just north of Columbus for a full tank of $3.11/gal. gas yesterday, and some lady asked if I could help her.

She said the she and her sister were down from Toledo visiting their sick father in the hospital, and her sister had lost her debit card, and they were almost out of gas, and could I help with some gas money?

Well, I was born at night, but it danged sure wasn't last night, so being the heartless creature that I am, I declined to help.

After we pumped in 65 Gals or so, and spending a bit of time getting some snacks we hit the road.

We didn't go more than 10 miles SOUTH, and there was the car pulled over with 2 OSP cars behind it and the 'lady' spread eagled and being searched by a lady patrolman.

Kinda makes me think that her tale of woe was somewhat lacking in veracity :D :D :D

Right now we are sitting in a Wal Mart waiting for #2 son. He's working until @ 3.00 and we will head out for Richmond shortly after that.

#10 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's 10.00 PM, and we are stopped in a Wal Mart on the south side of Indianapolis just off I-74.

This has become an official "Old Buzzard Road Trip" as it's busy raining.  :D

We stopped off in Richmond and delivered the plow.  Paul is a right nice fella. We didn't have much time to talk, as he's a farmer and was drilling wheat, and wanted to get as much planted as he could before the rain came.  He's hoping to be able to get to the plow day in Columbus on Sat.

Next stop will be in Grafton, Il to pick up the Earthcavator.

I'll definitely get some pics as I will be able to designate on of the boys as the 'official Photographer'  :D :D :D