• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 01:00 PM

I was inspired to start this topic by reading a post by MH81 http://gardentractor...bye-to-another/

It seems like all we hear about are the bad things that people do but we all know good people still exist. I want to kick this off about one of my own experiences & if you have one please share it. I was getting ready to back out of a convenience store one day when I saw this ole guy in a really beat up farm truck pulling in. I thought I better let him park before I pull out. Well he parked right next to me with his tail gate hanging down so I had to back way out to clear him. I was sitting near the curb waiting to pull out into traffic & heard someone yelling LOOK OUT! I looked in my rear view mirror & this ole truck was rolling backwards headed at me. I started blowing my horn but that doesn't help at someone behind you especially when there is no driver...yes no driver. That old truck hit the back door of my work van & rattled everything inside. I got out & the ole guy was walking towards me apologizing. He started crying & telling me they will take my license away for sure now, I'll never be able to drive, all I wanted was a gallon of gas. I was so sympathetic for this ole guy. I told him to relax nobody was hurt & I looked at my van & here is this giant dent right in the middle of one of the doors. I thought well it's not in the frame so I think I could pull this out easily I would just have a little spot where it pierced. I told the guy to not worry about it I could fix it to just be careful. He was very thankful & told me several times he was sorry. About two weeks later I was merging onto a back country road from another. It was dark, raining & I was tired just wanting to get home from work. I saw this truck coming so I pulled out behind it not seeing his utility trailer so I side swiped the rear corner breaking the tail light off. I thought here goes a few days pay & maybe a big citation. The driver had already pulled over so I pulled in behind him. Surprising his first words were you ok, I told him yeah I'm alright are you? I apologized & told him I would  take care of it. We looked at the damage, his tail light was hanging by the wires & a few scratches on the side rail. He looked & said don't worry about it it's just a trailer I can fix it later lets just all go home. I thanked him many times & as I got inside I was so overwhelmed & I immediately thought of my ole friend that hit me a couple of weeks ago. Be nice to someone today.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 17 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 01:07 PM

What went around, came around. I too often find that "no good deed goes unpunished". Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, October 27, 2013 - 01:08 PM.

• Alc, hamman, Jack and 2 others have said thanks

#3 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Great story and we all know, that not all people are bad.

• hamman, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sometimes it just works out that way. Good for you for helping the old guy out and good for the guy you hit the trailer with. You just never know. One act of kindness in a time of stress for another may just make their day, week or year. We need a few more like this in this old world today. Thanks for sharing. Roger.

• boyscout862, oldedeeres, JRJ and 1 other said thanks

#5 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 02:51 PM

That was a cool story!  I agree what comes around goes around.  Thanks for sharing.

• hamman, oldedeeres, JRJ and 1 other said thanks

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,699 Thanks
  • 8,892 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:07 PM

Two weeks ago, in Michigan, I was outside checking the truck over before work. Gal two vehicles down came out with multiple bags. I did not offer to help. It was dark and away from the building. But as she drove out, her purse was on top of the car. She kind of sped up when I ran straight at her, so I had to cut her off. When I grabbed the purse off her roof, she looked kinda scared. Then I held it out, and she let out a large laugh. I think I scared the carp out of her.

• olcowhand, Alc, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 04:32 PM

Two weeks ago, in Michigan, I was outside checking the truck over before work. Gal two vehicles down came out with multiple bags. I did not offer to help. It was dark and away from the building. But as she drove out, her purse was on top of the car. She kind of sped up when I ran straight at her, so I had to cut her off. When I grabbed the purse off her roof, she looked kinda scared. Then I held it out, and she let out a large laugh. I think I scared the carp out of her.

I thought I would be kind and not post what I thought when I read this! :smilewink:

• hamman, IamSherwood, Cat385B and 3 others have said thanks

#8 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 05:33 PM

Good thing her hand gun was in her purse.

• olcowhand, Alc, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#9 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,238 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Good things happen every day. But whats more exciting to our sadistic media a guy giving up his bus seat to a pregnant lady or a drunk hitting a bus load of nuns?

We all have to concentrate on the good and let good come as its comes

Edited by toomanytoys84, October 27, 2013 - 09:17 PM.

• hamman, EricR, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks