wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 04:31 PM

Help wanted for my decision. Kubota B2320, B2620, or B2920 vs John Deere 2032R. Anyone own this stuff yet?

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,750 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 05:03 PM

When did JD change the model #'s on the 2000 series? What's the old model equivalent? 2320, 2520, or 2720?

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 05:06 PM

They changed like this year. The 2320 is now the 2025R which looks cheap so I ruled it out. The 2520 was dropped totally. And the 2720 is now the 2032R.

The 2720 and 2032R look identical except for decals

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, October 26, 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,750 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 07:08 PM

I would of skipped the 2025 just because the 2320 was kind of an odd duck. Barely more horse than the 2305, but much heavier and much larger rear tires. I wonder if it gets short on power in high range?

As far as opinions, I think JD has better fitment, Kubota has sturdier panels and frame. JD has the better engine. I know that raises some eyebrows, but I'm going from personal experience and reading of the forums. Do the new Kubota's still use a single directional pedal for the hydro? I like JD's dual pedal better. Dollar for dollar, I think the Kubota has the edge if you're going to run it into the ground. JD has a better resale and much better paint. A new Kubota fades quickly if left out, no matter what you do for care.

Neither company is going to shudder up anytime soon, no issue there. Check for online feedback on local dealers.

Curious though, why leave out Massey? No dealer close?

#5 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 07:54 PM

I would of skipped the 2025 just because the 2320 was kind of an odd duck. Barely more horse than the 2305, but much heavier and much larger rear tires. I wonder if it gets short on power in high range?

As far as opinions, I think JD has better fitment, Kubota has sturdier panels and frame. JD has the better engine. I know that raises some eyebrows, but I'm going from personal experience and reading of the forums. Do the new Kubota's still use a single directional pedal for the hydro? I like JD's dual pedal better. Dollar for dollar, I think the Kubota has the edge if you're going to run it into the ground. JD has a better resale and much better paint. A new Kubota fades quickly if left out, no matter what you do for care.

Neither company is going to shudder up anytime soon, no issue there. Check for online feedback on local dealers.

Curious though, why leave out Massey? No dealer close?

I was going to ask about Massey as well.  I've had mine for a couple of months now I would guess and I love it.  Deere and Kubota are both good machines but when it came to crunching the numbers, Massey offered more for the money.  I would have bought any one of them as they are all very close in capability, I just felt Massey was the better value.

• Cat385B said thank you

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Left Massey out because I can't even think of a dealer within an hour or so of me. The Deere dealer is 10 miles away, the Bota dealer is 30 miles away. The Massey finder doesnt work worth crap so... Out. What model Massey you get though?

I took one look at the 2025R and said to myself, those 4wheeler axles look cheap and no way will those plastic floorboards will last. I really like the Bota but the Deere has some better control options. I sat on the Bota today, will sit on the Deere tomorrow if it ain't raining. But I have yet to drive either. I am currently leaning toward the Deere still, but only because there are small things I like so ar like the whole hood opening to actually get at the battery of engine. The bucket comes off the arms. The PTOs are independent of each other. Stupid stuff like that, and thinking the steering brakes on the left may actually be usable. I know driving them will prove important. Price I am still looking at 19k for the Bota B2920 and 21k for the Deere 2032R, and that is with only loaders and tillers, on mower ( don't need one).

#7 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 09:01 PM

I got the smallest model.  The GC1705.  It's all I need and, with an engine running at 2600 RPM compared to everyone else running between 300 and 3300 RPM, I should go easier on fuel.  So far it seems to be a miser.  Now mine is only 22.5hp but, with only 4 acres, it's all I need.

You may want to look at a Mahindra as well.  They seem to be quite capable machines.  They were a couple grand more than the Massey though so I scratched it early.

Edited by David Brown, October 26, 2013 - 09:03 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 09:08 PM

I got the smallest model.  The GC1705.  It's all I need and, with an engine running at 2600 RPM compared to everyone else running between 300 and 3300 RPM, I should go easier on fuel.  So far it seems to be a miser.  Now mine is only 22.5hp but, with only 4 acres, it's all I need.

You may want to look at a Mahindra as well.  They seem to be quite capable machines.  They were a couple grand more than the Massey though so I scratched it early.

My boss just bought a Deere after looking at everything, starting with Mahindra. He got a 1026R Deere, which is smaller rear wheels than I want. But he said if I expect to use a loader on my tractor, and the brakes, not to waste my time with the Mahindra. His size 13 boot does not fit the gap between the loader valve and brake pedal on a Mahindra. So I scratched the Mahindra early on.

#9 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 09:12 PM

JD has a hefty price tag.$20,599 for the 2720/2032R

Kubota B3030 is around $18k and the B3200 is around $15k

Here's a little Comparison chart of a couple tractors inthe same category.

http://www.muttonpow...vs.-competition

Some of the New Holland tractors looks pretty darn good for the money also.But I've read that they are plagued with various mechanical issues.

http://www.tractorho...px?OHID=7673369

Edited by EricFromPa, October 26, 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ya, those dollar figures are spot on to what I am looking at.

#11 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 08:40 AM

I would lean towards Kubota, I have a '94 L2000, it has over 1300 hours, it starts and runs great, it never uses any oil and is great on millage.

But I know nothing about the new ones.

Good luck

#12 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 08:47 AM

I know nothing at all about newer tractors EXCEPT that the plastic used on the Mahindra's fades very quickly.  That would also mean that plastic gets brittle as well.  Neighbor has one less than 8 years old, and the plastic looks awful.

#13 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 02:17 PM

I was leaning Kubota when starting my shopping, but then got hinted to Deere, now leaning Deere. Looked at the Deeres a week ago, but none have the loader on them yet. Did not sit on one due to rain. Looked at Bota yesterday and sat on one, no drive yet, but more info gathered. But price leads me to Bota, features lead me to Deere. Either would do the job I am certain. Will sit on the Deere tomorrow if not raining. But not able to test drive the Deere due to no loaders on them yet... Could have tried the Bota but... I didn't yet. I'm still leaning toward Deere heavy, even though the price is higher, the features would suffice. The HST of the Bota has one extra range over the Deere but looking at the speed of the low range of the Deere it is still 0-4.7 mph. And anyone that known me I have a Farmall cub and on my property, I never get it above first gear due to manuvering situations ,which I learned that the cub is about 2.7 mph in first gear, which happens quick on an obstacle course lol. So really, the ranges on the HST are not even a factor in my book. It comes down to features and driving I guess. Money, well, I have a job and both offer the 0% for 60 months and I plan to put money down for low payments and overpay the payments lol. So really, the money isn't even a factor. Is there any reason I might be considered crazy? I mean I don't want mower, I really just plan to till and front loader, definitely forks for the loader and at most a future brush hogging possibly. And probably rear blade at some point. I mean, anyone have input for me I might be missing. Aside from having been reading over at Tractorbynet for a while.

#14 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 06:07 AM

Another tractor to consider would be one of the Yanmars.

The early JD Compacts like the 659,750, etc. were all built by Yanmar and just painted in JD colors.

I put hr. upon hr. on a 1985 750 and it was an absolute workhorse.  It's still working hard today. 

#15 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:14 AM

The old Adage "You pay your money and take your chances" might apply here?  Honestly I don't think Kubota, John Deere and Massey make a bad tractor?  It comes down to personal choice and above all Dealer support.

In my case the dealers for all three brands are within 30 miles of me. And if I were buying, I don't know which I would pick?

But have to say the Massey is the best looking machine  in my opinion.

Not buying anything now and will stick with my 80 Ford 1500.

New Holland looks good and the Massey Dealer sells both. Having just put a new ignition switch($109) in the Ford(New Holland Bought Ford Tractor Division)  they are sure proud of their repair parts. So I'm not sure I would go that route?

Edited by JD DANNELS, October 29, 2013 - 09:20 AM.