Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Got This In A Trade-Trying To Figure What I Should Do With It?

mtd lawnflite

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 02:47 PM

Belt driven. Does have mounts for a sleeve hitch or something but nothing on the top - do either a sleeve hitch or maybe a way to mount an accessory?

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Cheap enough!  I Want it!   Box it up and send UPS, I'll be watching for him!          Man, when they gonna invent that transporter device they use in all the Star Trek Movies?  

• sacsr said thank you

#18 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Back when I was in high school i had a MTD Lawnflite with a 11HP I/C Briggs and Stratton that was my grandfathers, gave it to my uncle when I moved from Denver, PA to NY, he passed away in march of 2010 10 months after I moved.  The deal was if I got rid of that tractor and my old lawn chief my dad would give me the JD200, because he had bought a Cub Cadet 782, and didn't want to bring the other ones along.  Incase you were wondering I have no clue what has happened to the 2 LTs since my uncles passing. 

• sacsr said thank you

#19 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hey! Haven't seen the tractor come here yet!  Must be keepin' it then?  Just wondering what happened to this open ended tale.

#20 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 06:13 PM

I had to make room for the 2 bush hogs I just picked up so it went to a new home. It had 2 tires holding air and 2 basically flat. I was helping the new owner push it on the trailer and saw the flat side of one of the tires about to rotate to the ground- I put an extra quick push to try to get it over the hump- and I literally felt my muscles tear off of my calf. I looked at the guy and said "I think i just screwed up my leg pretty bad"- I am limping around right now trying not to put to much stress on it. Sorry to see it go, but the bush hogs take priority inu shed. Wish I could have sent it your way!
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Ouch Scott!  I know how that feels, and it ain't good!  Hope the leg mends asap. Yep, Hogs like to root in the dirt, but they need a dry place to rest.  :thumbs:

• sacsr said thank you

#22 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 04:32 PM

I had to make room for the 2 bush hogs...........

Pictures please...........

#23 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 08:50 AM

I had to make room for the 2 bush hogs I just picked up so it went to a new home. It had 2 tires holding air and 2 basically flat. I was helping the new owner push it on the trailer and saw the flat side of one of the tires about to rotate to the ground- I put an extra quick push to try to get it over the hump- and I literally felt my muscles tear off of my calf. I looked at the guy and said "I think i just screwed up my leg pretty bad"- I am limping around right now trying not to put to much stress on it. Sorry to see it go, but the bush hogs take priority inu shed. Wish I could have sent it your way!

Take care of your leg! Even a small injury at this time of the year can be agrivated by the cold. You will be more prone to slipping on ice too. Please be very carefull. Good Luck, Rick