#1 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:35 AM

Does anybody have an original Brinly "sleeve hitch" dump cart? If so, could you get the "tub" measurements for me (length, width & depth)? I'm wanting to make a replica of one. I have the parts diagram, but need the dimensions.

Also could use the strap dimensions for the Brinly "Gard-N-Cart", would like to make one of those this winter too!

Thanks, grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• gardncart_dumpcart_rake-sleeve - Copy.jpg
  • Gard 'n' Cart 5.jpg

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 12:01 PM

I would love to know that also. want to make replica too.

Thanks, Brian

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 02:10 PM

well... I have the dump cart that was designed to attach to a Bolens ... but It is buried in the shed right now.....
bolens pumpkins 008.jpg

#4 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 02:55 PM

OK.... I'll agree that getting actual measurements would be the most ideal way to go about these projects but what if that does not happen?

So, here are my suggestions.

In my opinion, both attachments are scalable because you have a known lawn tractor that is in the one photo.

I am providing you with a photo for the front carrier. If you want to know how high the grille is on a Case, I'll give you that along with the width. It should not be too difficult to figure out whether 2", 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" flat bar was used. Nothing needs to be heavier than 1/4" thick stock.

There are plenty of wheelbarrows around that use a pan that looks a lot like the one in that photo. It's easy to fabricate your own heavy duty hinge from cold rolled round rod and some black iron pipe. If you have a 3 pt hitch, then an A-frame plus a length of 2 x 4" x 1/8 wall tubing should be plenty strong enough. I think that you would want to have both on your tractor so that you could drop the front rack down and load it with items that would counter balance the load in the barrow.

I'd put the hinge 1/3 of the way back from the front of the barrow so that the stuff in the front of the barrow won't have to be lifted during the dump cycle. In fact, that weight will help you during the dump cycle. A small latch at the rear will make sure that the barrow does not dump accidentally during transport.

Attached Thumbnails

• Strange Case.jpg

#5 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 04:26 PM

OK.... I'll agree that getting actual measurements would be the most ideal way to go about these projects but what if that does not happen?

So, here are my suggestions.

In my opinion, both attachments are scalable because you have a known lawn tractor that is in the one photo.

Mine will be mostly for shows, so I want them as accurate as possible! I think I have the measurements for the 'Gard-N-Cart', just have to find them.

As for using, I have plenty of dump carts (9 different JD models). ~~ grnspot110

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 05:58 PM

I am providing you with a photo for the front carrier. If you want to know how high the grille is on a Case, I'll give you that along with the width. It should not be too difficult to figure out whether 2", 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" flat bar was used. Nothing needs to be heavier than 1/4" thick stock.

Hydriv: If you don't mind getting that measurement (grill hgt) I would like to build a "close enough" replica at some point in the future & that would definately help.

#7 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:55 AM

I will get Jack to do that for you because he has his tractors in a warm place next to his bed. I won't go into the reasons for that because they are all XXX rated.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 11:23 AM

I will get Jack to do that for you because he has his tractors in a warm place next to his bed. I won't go into the reasons for that because they are all XXX rated.

:bigrofl:
Thanks

#9 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 12:37 PM

I wish you wouldn't laugh at him. It only encourages him to be more incorrigible.