• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 spinjim3 OFFLINE  

spinjim3

• Member No: 5132
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 02:43 PM

I just saved a C-120 Special from the crusher at the junk yard, and it has a Kohler K301S, 47421d on it. Could be that the Tecumseh is not what makes it a "Special", or could be mine was changed over to a Kohler. The Kohler looks original, and that's the corrrect engine for other C-120s in 1975. Model # on mine is also 1-0375, serial # 1333670, so it was probably made within a week of your's. It has wheel weights, chains, and a plow on it. I stole it all for $100. Engine isn't seized, but needs work. Good project if the temperature ever gets below 90 .

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:33 PM

:wave: spinjim3 Welcome to GTTalk! Glad to have you on board! We'd sure like to see some pics of the rescued C-120 Special! There is a possibility that your particular machine had some problems with the engine soon after it's purchase and the Techy was replaced with a Kohler at the dealership. That's just an idea that popped into my head as a possible explanation. Is there a dealer ID sticker still on the unit? If so, they might be able to look it up and tell you what the story was for real. Thanks for joining up and keep us posted on how it all unfolds!

#18 Spartan OFFLINE  

Spartan

• Member No: 3450
  • 4 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted July 28, 2011 - 05:26 PM

C-120 special for sale on craiglist in michigan,