3 replies to this topic

#1 danz503 OFFLINE  

danz503
  • Member No: 48795
  • 9 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 01:26 PM

hello,

new guy here. i recently retired so i picked up this bolens tractor for home use. got it home and it has some problems. the drive line from engine to hydrodrive is falling apart. has anyone built a drive line for this and one with lube points? also regulator/rectifier is bad. will any reg/rec of the same volt/amp output work? this one seems a little hard to find. i find a number of them on e-bay but they are not specific to my engine. thats why i ask the question about  a replacement. great site by the way. looking forward to hearing from some of the members.

• boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 02:24 PM

Welcome to GTT. Also, welcome to retirement. Relax and enjoy the site. I do not know about the QS16 but others who do will be by to help. In the mean time you can go to our Manuals Section and download 3 free manuals per day. For parts we have several sponsors who may be able to help you. Pictures of your problems will help others to better identify your machine and problems. Good Luck, Rick

• JRJ and danz503 have said thanks

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Welcome to GTtalk, neither do I know anything about the QS16 but we are sure others that have one will be along to help you out. Like mentioned, pictures are helpful in many ways, to show off what you have and as you take something apart just prior to taking it apart if you would snap yourself a picture it would help explain what you are having problems with and then when you go to assemble your part it helps with remembering how it was before-don't ask me how I know but it does work.

Dick

• danz503 said thank you

#4 bhts ONLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 07:48 PM

The regulator from most kohlers will work just fine we have a few used and new ones here if you need. As for the driveline I guess you are referring to is the driveshaft and it has the non serviceable joints but I do have a new drive shaft here. Just send me a pm if you need any help.

• danz503 said thank you