• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnpamac OFFLINE  

johnpamac
  • Member No: 39500
  • 9 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have an Ariens S-16H that I have been working on and needs some electrical work that I do not want to get into.  Is there any recommendations on a local repair shop that would do honest work and a reasonable price?  I can go from Sunbury to Berwick, I am near Bloomsburg.  Thanks

• JRJ said thank you

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,770 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:44 AM

That is the universal problem for everything now. That is the problem because most things now are throw away. I fix everything myself because around here you pay $75 an hour for someone who usually knows less and couldn't care less. Cars are $100 per hour. 

You could down load the manuals here(3 free per day). Get a wiring kit from a sponsor or go to HF for some of their wiring supplies. We will be here to help you if you have questions.  Good Luck, Rick

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#3 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Be more than willing to give you a hand, but your a little far. What wiring issues are you having?

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#4 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Welcome to the forum.  I am over towards the Benton/Jonestown area, like many I fix everything myself so I dont know what local shops are good and which ones arent, sorry.  Post up your problem use pics if necessary and we maybe able to walk you through it.

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,545 Thanks
  • 3,930 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 05:49 PM

Welcome to the site! I think if you can find a shop that has been around a while, they would be a good one. Ariens had a fairly simple wiring, if you decide to do it yourself. Back in those years there wasn't too many safety switches to deal with.

#6 johnpamac OFFLINE  

johnpamac
  • Member No: 39500
  • 9 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Nothing major, just at the end of getting the tractor running.  The Electric clutch is not getting power and sometimes tractor will not start unless you jiggle all the wiring around in the dash.  I am trying Steve's Small Engine repair located outside Bloomsburg, PA.  I am running out of time and would like to get the snowblower on it for winter.  Hopefully they do well, I will post when done