Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a 4850 tiller and snowblower for my MF 1655!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 10:25 AM

Sorry guys been away for a few days!......the usual christmas honey-do chores! LOL! ErnRemy, beings I can't find either a snowblower or tiller its kinda hard to trade.......besides why would I want to trade, I want both! LOL! If I run a cross 2 blowers(highly unlikely)I'll keep ya in mind though! Luke

#32 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hey rally! Hope you had a great christmas! Still gonna hold to my guns and wait it out......I'll eventually find a massey blower for my MF1655! I have a 42" blower on a MF #12 now......why would I want to go backwards! LOL! Thanks Luke

#33 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 01:41 PM

I think with a little work and get rid of the belt drive system, maybe direct drive off your front pto to the fan on this one Craftsman 46 inch 2 stage snowblower you would have a great snow THROWER LOL. a neighbor of mine has a massey 48 inch tiller I might be able to get, mine is a snapper slightly different build. I will post pictures in the near future. Luke make me an offer on the tiller/s.

#34 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 05:48 PM

Massey Driver has said a couple times an Ariens blower is a easy fit

#35 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 09:51 PM

Thanks mike but I like genuine massey attachments and I WILL find them eventually......I've found massey ski whiz snowmobile parts(very rare parts) and restored 2 of them so in time I'll come up with these attachments! LOL!

Hey ErnRemy......see if your neighbor wants to part with it and how much.......as I stated above I want a GENUINE MASSEY 48" tiller and GENUINE MASSEY snowblower ! I'm tired of retrofitting and modifying stuff to make it work.......should have went with my original plan and bought a GC2610 TLB with 60" deck!

#36 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• Member No: 1763
  • 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 07:01 PM

I've always wanted a ski whiz but vintage snomoblie prices are crazy high!! Didn't amf build the ski whiz along with the garden tractors for mf. Thanks

Edited by Stoneman, December 31, 2010 - 07:03 PM.
mispell

#37 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 11:05 PM

I've got 2 of them and a ton of parts! U interested in one of them? Have a homemade pull behind cart made out of a ski whiz snowmobile that hauls 2 kids and has working tailights and front lights for sale also........will sell ya the cart and one sled that needs restored but is complete for $1,000.00 or BO if your interested? I gave alot more then that for it when I bought it! As for who built them.......don't know who built the first ones but the later ones we're built by scorpion. Will get some pics of then first chance! Luke

#38 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 10:50 AM

No thanks i'm only 15 so at my budget i couldn't pay to get to illinois let alone come back:D but thanks for the offer:thumbs:

#39 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 03:09 PM

LOL! Well, maybe someday! Good to see your interested in these older machines.......they were truely designed to last forever, unfortunately the manufactures have made it interesting partswise(discontinued parts).......some way or some how lots of other parts can be retrofitted/redesigned to work on alot of these old tractors.......just have to be creative and inventive!! Good luck to you and hopefully someday you'll have a ski whiz! They are really cool! Luke

#40 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted January 02, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thanks! :thumbs: